(UK Dell) Tracking an order

Anyone know how to track an order online when that order was placed from the
Refurbished pages? All I've got is a six-digit reference number but no
customer number...!

JJ (UK)

For reasons never explained, the outlet does not provide tracking numbers
(at least in the US). You could ask for one on the forums, but the forums
are no more.

Call, I guess.

Tom
"JJ (UK)" <nah@way.com> wrote in message
> Anyone know how to track an order online when that order was placed from
> the
> Refurbished pages? All I've got is a six-digit reference number but no
> customer number...!
>
> JJ (UK)

But that means...talking...to a human! Aaaagh!

Looks like I'll have to, even emailing them at the given Dell_UK_Outlet
address hasn't produced a reply (and the read receipt shows they read it
over six hours ago...)

JJ (UK)

> For reasons never explained, the outlet does not provide tracking numbers
> (at least in the US). You could ask for one on the forums, but the forums
> are no more.
>
> Call, I guess.
>
> Tom
> "JJ (UK)" <nah@way.com> wrote in message
> > Anyone know how to track an order online when that order was placed from
> > the
> > Refurbished pages? All I've got is a six-digit reference number but no
> > customer number...!
> >
> > JJ (UK)

woody

Link to Forums. Still working.

http://forums.us.dell.com/supportforums?~ck=mn

Woody

> For reasons never explained, the outlet does not provide tracking numbers
> (at least in the US). You could ask for one on the forums, but the forums
> are no more.
>
> Call, I guess.
>
> Tom
> "JJ (UK)" <nah@way.com> wrote in message
>> Anyone know how to track an order online when that order was placed from
>> the
>> Refurbished pages? All I've got is a six-digit reference number but no
>> customer number...!
>>
>> JJ (UK)

Sorry, I dudn't make it clear. The user-to-user forums still exist, but
you'll notice the Customer Support portion, where Dell had official
moderators answering questions, is gone.

I believe it is because they became aware of the outstanding work being done
by volunteers in this newsgroup.

Tom
"Woody" <woody@woohoo.ca> wrote in message
> Link to Forums. Still working.
>
> http://forums.us.dell.com/supportforums?~ck=mn
>
> Woody

>> For reasons never explained, the outlet does not provide tracking numbers
>> (at least in the US). You could ask for one on the forums, but the
>> forums are no more.
>>
>> Call, I guess.
>>
>> Tom
>> "JJ (UK)" <nah@way.com> wrote in message
>>> Anyone know how to track an order online when that order was placed from
>>> the
>>> Refurbished pages? All I've got is a six-digit reference number but no
>>> customer number...!
>>>
>>> JJ (UK)

JJ (UK)
"JJ (UK)" <nah@way.com> wrote in message
> Anyone know how to track an order online when that order was placed from
the
> Refurbished pages? All I've got is a six-digit reference number but no
> customer number...!
>
> JJ (UK)

And despite several messages to them I have yet to receive any kind of
response:

I placed an order for a refurbished unit on Thursday 14th July. The
finishing web page stated "You will receive confirmation of your order by
e-mail shortly".

I have yet to receive that response (and yes, the email address I gave them
is correct!)

I e-mailed Dell_UK_Outlet @ dell.com on 15 July 2005 12:36 pointing this out
and that as I don't have a customer number I can't track the order online.

I have yet to receive a response.

At 16:46 I filled in an online to place a query (using the customer number I
was given from a previous order from February this year). I received an
email from uki_olos_queries @ dell.com on Saturday 16th at 10:56 AM asking
for clarification of my query which I replied to at 15:29.

I have yet to receive a response.

I mailed them and Dell_UK_Outlet @ dell.com again this morning (Monday) at
09:44 to chase them up on these outstanding queries. My mail was read by
Dell_UK_Outlet @ dell.com at 09:51.

Still, I have yet to receive a reply!

So, I still don't know the answers to my following, pretty basic, questions:

1) Why I've not received confirmation of the order,
2) why no-one has responded to my queries and
3) when the order is due to arrive

Looks like Dell is falling apart to me. I'm beginning to regret ordering
from them at all...!

Or is it just me?

Regards

> --
> JJ (UK)
> "JJ (UK)" <nah@way.com> wrote in message
>> Anyone know how to track an order online when that order was placed from
> the
>> Refurbished pages? All I've got is a six-digit reference number but no
>> customer number...!
>>
>> JJ (UK)
>
> And despite several messages to them I have yet to receive any kind of
> response:
>
> I placed an order for a refurbished unit on Thursday 14th July. The
> finishing web page stated "You will receive confirmation of your order by
> e-mail shortly".
>
> I have yet to receive that response (and yes, the email address I gave
> them
> is correct!)
>
> I e-mailed Dell_UK_Outlet @ dell.com on 15 July 2005 12:36 pointing this
> out
> and that as I don't have a customer number I can't track the order online.
>
> I have yet to receive a response.
>
> At 16:46 I filled in an online to place a query (using the customer number
> was given from a previous order from February this year). I received an
> email from uki_olos_queries @ dell.com on Saturday 16th at 10:56 AM asking
> for clarification of my query which I replied to at 15:29.
>
> I have yet to receive a response.
>
> I mailed them and Dell_UK_Outlet @ dell.com again this morning (Monday) at
> 09:44 to chase them up on these outstanding queries. My mail was read by
> Dell_UK_Outlet @ dell.com at 09:51.
>
> Still, I have yet to receive a reply!
>
> So, I still don't know the answers to my following, pretty basic,
> questions:
>
> 1) Why I've not received confirmation of the order,
> 2) why no-one has responded to my queries and
> 3) when the order is due to arrive
>
> Looks like Dell is falling apart to me. I'm beginning to regret ordering
> from them at all...!
>
> Or is it just me?
>
> Regards

If you never got a confirmation, I'd be the order never went through. When
I ordered my I9300 from the US outlet, I had a confirmation email very
quickly.

Did you call them?

Tom

> If you never got a confirmation, I'd be the order never went through.
When
> I ordered my I9300 from the US outlet, I had a confirmation email very
> quickly.
>
> Did you call them?

Yes. I left a voice mail at 16:00 for a Sales Executive who sent me an email
at 15:44.

I've yet to receive a response.

I also sent him two emails.

I've yet to receive a response!

Dell must be doing awfully well to be able to pass up on business like
this...

JJ (UK)