TSPoon

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2003
I've just entered the world of DVD Authoring and thus digital video editing, and my Dual P3-1000 wasn't cutting it. I'm curious what CPU anybody recommends for this type of use. I can't find a P3/P4 comparison anywhere online. Thanks.

juin

Distinguished
May 19, 2001
under webserver P3 cascade performe well but under workstation aps P4 will kill about every thing also we can now find XEON 2.4 533 for about 240$ about the same price tha a P4 2.56.Price on 533 FSB mothersboard can be purchase with many setting and affordale price i suggest TYAN mothersboards.

Just next to the lab and the bunker you will find the marketing departement.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
The only advantage of a PIII Xeon over a PIII would be the extra cache, however there is a non-Xeon version of the PIII that also features the extra cache! The Server/Workstation version of the Tualatin has 512k cache. You could mount TWO PIII 1.4 Tualatins on your board with 512k cache each, using two Slot-T adapters.

<font color=blue>There are no stupid questions, only stupid people doling out faulty information based upon rumors, myths, and poor logic!</font color=blue>