  • Hotmail
  • Microsoft
  • Windows XP
August 6, 2005 5:43:02 PM

At around 2005-08-06-13.30, after installing an MS Game & trying to register
it with my Passport/Hotmail login I got repeated rejection on my account. The
login software was giving me an old account name @hotmail.com that I closed a
few years ago and would not accept the one that has been active since. I
discontinued the current account which it surprisingly allowed me to do. It
would not allow me to discontinue old account name @hotmail.com even though
it kept replacing current account name with old whenever I entered password.
Truly unbelievable.

More about : passport hotmail reject

Anonymous
August 6, 2005 8:00:04 PM

Go to control panel>user accounts pick your account then click on change my
..net passport

Does it say your current passport account is the new or the old one? if it's
the old one change it.

"Will" <Will@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> At around 2005-08-06-13.30, after installing an MS Game & trying to
> register
> it with my Passport/Hotmail login I got repeated rejection on my account.
> The
> login software was giving me an old account name @hotmail.com that I
> closed a
> few years ago and would not accept the one that has been active since. I
> discontinued the current account which it surprisingly allowed me to do.
> It
> would not allow me to discontinue old account name @hotmail.com even
> though
> it kept replacing current account name with old whenever I entered
> password.
> Truly unbelievable.
August 7, 2005 4:08:22 AM

On Sat, 6 Aug 2005 13:43:02 -0700, "Will"
<Will@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>At around 2005-08-06-13.30, after installing an MS Game & trying to register
>it with my Passport/Hotmail login I got repeated rejection on my account. The
>login software was giving me an old account name @hotmail.com that I closed a
>few years ago and would not accept the one that has been active since. I
>discontinued the current account which it surprisingly allowed me to do. It
>would not allow me to discontinue old account name @hotmail.com even though
>it kept replacing current account name with old whenever I entered password.
>Truly unbelievable.

Do you have to register it? if not don't bother especially with .NET
Passports and Hotmail.

Spyware / Spam Magnets IMHO

Jonah
!