Display Utility in Add/Remove Programs List?

August 6, 2005 5:45:03 PM

Does anybody know what the Display Utility is called in the Add/Remove
Programs List? I have it in my Add/Remove Programs List and it doesn't tell
me about the support information, how big it is or date of install. I would
like to remove it but I don't know what it is use for. Please help me?!
August 7, 2005 2:23:36 AM

The Display Utility will likely be specific to your vid card/drivers.
It will be installed as part of these drivers.
You may be able to access this utility from either the right click menu, on
your desktop or in Program Files

"I would like to remove it but I don't know what it is use for."
Uninstalling something you dont know what is for, is kinda bizare and not
reccomended

As you dont know what your doing - meant in the kindest possible way - leave
it alone.
or post back with your reasons

"Jed Raybould" <JedRaybould@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Does anybody know what the Display Utility is called in the Add/Remove
> Programs List? I have it in my Add/Remove Programs List and it doesn't
tell
> me about the support information, how big it is or date of install. I
would
> like to remove it but I don't know what it is use for. Please help me?!
Anonymous
August 7, 2005 11:03:40 AM

It is probably specific to your video card.
Many of my Add/Remove items don't have extra information.
Why do you want to remove it?

You might get some idea of what it belongs to if you look in the
Registry (with care)
Use Regedit.
(Start-Run-Regedit)
Navigate down to the key below.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall
You may get some advice at the web site of your display card (if that
is what it belongs to)

....Alan
--
Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
http://dts-l.org/index.html

On Sat, 6 Aug 2005 13:45:03 -0700, Jed Raybould
<JedRaybould@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Does anybody know what the Display Utility is called in the Add/Remove
>Programs List? I have it in my Add/Remove Programs List and it doesn't tell
>me about the support information, how big it is or date of install. I would
>like to remove it but I don't know what it is use for. Please help me?!
Anonymous
August 7, 2005 6:50:09 PM

Alan Edwards and DL,

Thank you for the help and I thought it was Spyware that got installed
without Microsoft AntiSpyware knowing about it and installing without my
knowledge. So, looks like I am NOT going to uninstall it. Again, thank you
to both of you for your help.

!