Microsoft Anti Spyware *

vinCe

Running XP Home with Norton Anti Virus 2005. After installing Microsoft Anti
Spyware I get a pop up message above the clock saying that Norton Anti Virus
is turned off. I check Noton and all is running ok. This message only pops up
when computer is starting up and then quickly disappears.

Vince wrote:
> Running XP Home with Norton Anti Virus 2005. After
> installing Microsoft Anti Spyware I get a pop up message
> above the clock saying that Norton Anti Virus is turned off.
> I check Noton and all is running ok. This message only pops
> up when computer is starting up and then quickly disappears.

You might want to post your question to one of the MSAS
newsgroups:

Welcome to Microsoft Windows AntiSpyware (Beta) Newsgroups
http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.asp?ICP=spyware&sLCID=us

Good luck

Nepatsfan

Ed

On Sat, 6 Aug 2005 14:03:02 -0700, "Vince"
<Vince@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Running XP Home with Norton Anti Virus 2005. After installing Microsoft Anti
>Spyware I get a pop up message above the clock saying that Norton Anti Virus
>is turned off. I check Noton and all is running ok. This message only pops up
>when computer is starting up and then quickly disappears.

That is good ole windoze not waiting for all apps to load at bootup
before crying wolf that an app is not loaded. I had the same thing
start appearing after this latest verification fiasco was installed on
my system to see if I had all of a sudden become a crook after proving
that I wasn't a crook when I activated the OS (How can I NOT be a
crook during activation and then all of a sudden turn into a crook
during verification of the SAME piece of software is beyond me.... All
in the minds of a company that was subpoenaed to appear before a
Senate Investigation for......of all things.... being a Crook!).
Anyway, got this off the Symantec site where they show a work around
for M$'s latest buglett. What they say you have to do is goto
Security Center and uncheck Virus Protection under "Change the way
Security Center Alerts Me".

Regards,
Ed

Hi Vince - Likely means that you don't have the MSAS Security Agents
enabled. Right click on the icon in the tray and select|enable them and see
if this causes the warning message to cease. You might also want to take a
look in MSAS|Tools and check out each of the three Agents for settings, etc.

--
Regards, Jim Byrd, MS-MVP
My Blog, Defending Your Machine, here: