New shop is up and running

Here is what I have been working on for the last two months and finally
moved in two weeks ago.It has taken that long(every waking moment of it)to
get it functional.The things you really need to do this work are not always
available so I built all those things myself personally(mobile cabinet
stands,glass rack,the work benches cabinets,buffing table,decal storage unit
and the counter in the office). I am still waiting on my 20 slot windshield
rack that I will frame and modify to hold playfields.
luckily it is just 1 mile from home.None of this is retail space since I
rarely do any local sales or service.It is all just work space.The nice area
is for assembly's and teardown and the wharehouse space for the dirty
stuff.I will still be clearcoating in the downdraft booth at my dad's place
because that is the superior environment for it and there is a ton of red
tape to cut if you want to do it legally(zoning laws,fire
certifications,high insurance rates etc).It is all preliminary right now but
anyway check it out.To veiw a full size picture click on the smaller picture
then go to the lower right menue and choose original size.
http://tinyurl.com/amnwd

--
Christopher Hutchins
www.highendpins.com

Looks nice Chris. I'm jealous of the amount of space you have. When I
win the lottery, I'm going to build my own building for the purpose of
pin restoration. It will have everything I need and then some. :)

Deep down, I know you already miss the garage. ;-)

BTW. I don't see any pegboard. It's not a "real" shop without
pegboard. ;-)

Bryan (CARGPB14) http://usergallery.myhomegameroom.com/gallery/bspins

"Warning! Achtung! Run away, Run away!: BK restorations may emit a
shower of sparks or flames or both. Keep a safe distance (like four
city blocks). Never return to a restoration once lit. Hot hot hot!"

(Sig line compliments of Clive at the Coin-Op Cauldron.)

Christopher Hutchins wrote:
> Here is what I have been working on for the last two months and finally
> moved in two weeks ago.It has taken that long(every waking moment of it)to
> get it functional.The things you really need to do this work are not always
> available so I built all those things myself personally(mobile cabinet
> stands,glass rack,the work benches cabinets,buffing table,decal storage unit
> and the counter in the office). I am still waiting on my 20 slot windshield
> rack that I will frame and modify to hold playfields.
> luckily it is just 1 mile from home.None of this is retail space since I
> rarely do any local sales or service.It is all just work space.The nice area
> is for assembly's and teardown and the wharehouse space for the dirty
> stuff.I will still be clearcoating in the downdraft booth at my dad's place
> because that is the superior environment for it and there is a ton of red
> tape to cut if you want to do it legally(zoning laws,fire
> certifications,high insurance rates etc).It is all preliminary right now but
> anyway check it out.To veiw a full size picture click on the smaller picture
> then go to the lower right menue and choose original size.
> http://tinyurl.com/amnwd
>
> --
> Christopher Hutchins
> www.highendpins.com

Sorry, Bro, not needed in Chris' shop. I asked Chris one time if he
ever had any flames and he said no but he has had games shipped to him
that he would rather set fire to then try and restore.

I told him to send them over to my place and I'll take care of them for
him. My business name is going to be Campfire Restorations. :)

Skeets wrote:
> > BTW. I don't see any pegboard. It's not a "real" shop without
> > pegboard. ;-)
>
> .........or fire extinguishers
>
> :p

They looks like a great shop! It will probably take a year or so to
get it outfitted exactly like you want. By then you'll probably
outgrow it :) I wish the best for you and continued success in the new
shop.

So the Banzai PF was one of the rare test PF's for DP?

-

http://www.myhomegameroom.com

Christopher Hutchins wrote:
> Here is a link. I actually did both playfields so there are tons of pics
> but with 2 playfields,pretty much 2 cabinets and 6 flippers it was a lot to
> document.
> Donnie buys a pretty much NOS wired playfield and it comes in Diamond
> Plated no less what are the chances?.
> http://tinyurl.com/8ud5c

TR

I have also been delinquent with a public thank you to Chris. Chris
finished my MM in April and it turned out beautiful despite being in
pretty rough shape when he got it (the restoration is documented in his
album).

Congratulations on the new shop Chris and glad to see my CV made it to
the "carpet" side of the shop!

-Tim

Donnie Barnes wrote:
> Anyway, Chris put a LOT of time and effort into the game. Before you guys
> start beating me up for pics, I think Chris has some in his album. I
> didn't think to take any before putting it in my gameroom, and my gameroom
> STINKS for taking good pics of restoration work (it's dim and there are a
> lot of mirrors...that fools all the automatic settings on even the best
> cameras, and I'm not a good enough photographer to make it do the right
> thing...I tried.)

Three things: Tripod, manual override, and remote control. Tames even
the _worst_ areas to photograph! :)

Del

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2001

Looking Great Chris !!,
You've done ALOT of work the past 2 weeks !!!,, That Machine line is
getting wayyyyy long,, I better get me game there & Fast !!.

Pin-Del,

Del

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2001

Looking Great Chris !!,
You've done ALOT of work the past 2 weeks !!!,, That Machine line is
getting wayyyyy long,, I better get my game there & Fast !!.

Pin-Del,

> BTW. I don't see any pegboard. It's not a "real" shop without
> pegboard. ;-)

..........or fire extinguishers

:p

Peg boards are mounted on the back of each cart(pictured holding ramps).Fire
extinguisher mounted across from the sink both inspired by one Bryan Kelly
:)

--
Christopher Hutchins
www.highendpins.com
"Skeets" <seventh_foo@NOSPAMyahoo.com> wrote in message

>> BTW. I don't see any pegboard. It's not a "real" shop without
>> pegboard. ;-)
>
> .........or fire extinguishers
>
> :p

Peg boards are mounted on the back of each cart(pictured holding ramps).Fire
extinguisher mounted across from the sink both inspired by one Bryan Kelly
:)

--
Christopher Hutchins
www.highendpins.com
"Skeets" <seventh_foo@NOSPAMyahoo.com> wrote in message

>> BTW. I don't see any pegboard. It's not a "real" shop without
>> pegboard. ;-)
>
> .........or fire extinguishers
>
> :p

>My business name is going to be Campfire Restorations. :)

Just in case that name is already taken, here are some alternatives:

Inhalation Innovations
Silver Balls and Sparks
Flippers and Flames
Combustion Cabinets & Playfields
Restorations at Flashpoint

;-))))))))))))

Skeets

Yep tagged XR-7.I knew there was something up with it when I opened it up
and saw how glossy it looked for a System 11 playfield.Then the cleared
layed down on it perfect the first time around another red flag(good one
though).It wasn't until after I assembled it that I saw a post about it.To
think I almost sanded those ugly letters off there.

--
Christopher Hutchins
www.highendpins.com
"John Wart, jr" <johnwartjr@johnwartjr.com> wrote in message
> So the Banzai PF was one of the rare test PF's for DP?
>
> -
>
> http://www.myhomegameroom.com
>

> Christopher Hutchins wrote:
>> Here is a link. I actually did both playfields so there are tons of pics
>> but with 2 playfields,pretty much 2 cabinets and 6 flippers it was a lot
>> to document.
>> Donnie buys a pretty much NOS wired playfield and it comes in Diamond
>> Plated no less what are the chances?.
>> http://tinyurl.com/8ud5c

That explains why it was in a WMS crate and was used when the crate was
popped just prior to shipping to me!

And to think I didn't want it because it was *used*!

-

http://www.myhomegameroom.com

Christopher Hutchins wrote:
> Yep tagged XR-7.I knew there was something up with it when I opened it up
> and saw how glossy it looked for a System 11 playfield.Then the cleared
> layed down on it perfect the first time around another red flag(good one
> though).It wasn't until after I assembled it that I saw a post about it.To
> think I almost sanded those ugly letters off there.

I had the chance to see Chris's new place the other night, and it's simply
awesome. He obviously spent a heck of a lot of time planning it and hand
making much of the equipment. Chris, time to stop posting and get back to
making all of those pins mint :).

Congrats on the new place and best wishes for continuing success.

Brandon

"Christopher Hutchins" <chutchins2@carolina.rr.com> wrote in message
> Here is what I have been working on for the last two months and finally
> moved in two weeks ago.It has taken that long(every waking moment of it)to
> get it functional.The things you really need to do this work are not
> always available so I built all those things myself personally(mobile
> cabinet stands,glass rack,the work benches cabinets,buffing table,decal
> storage unit and the counter in the office). I am still waiting on my 20
> slot windshield rack that I will frame and modify to hold playfields.
> luckily it is just 1 mile from home.None of this is retail space since I
> rarely do any local sales or service.It is all just work space.The nice
> area is for assembly's and teardown and the wharehouse space for the
> dirty stuff.I will still be clearcoating in the downdraft booth at my
> dad's place because that is the superior environment for it and there is a
> ton of red tape to cut if you want to do it legally(zoning laws,fire
> certifications,high insurance rates etc).It is all preliminary right now
> but anyway check it out.To veiw a full size picture click on the smaller
> picture then go to the lower right menue and choose original size.
> http://tinyurl.com/amnwd
>
> --
> Christopher Hutchins
> www.highendpins.com

What? No close-up of the Rivet Press? ;-)

That's a dream shop Chris. I could waste my life away in a place like
that. Add a computer and a bedroom and I'd be set!

bogart
www.pinrestore.com

On Fri, 17 Jun, TheKorn@TheKorn.net wrote:
> Three things: Tripod, manual override, and remote control. Tames even
> the _worst_ areas to photograph! :)

Okay, so I know *that* much, but I'm far too lazy for that. :)

--Donnie