HP ditching their PC business

lp231

Splendid
Founder of VooDoo PC and former employee of HP, Rahul Sood talks about his 2 cents...

Companies should cater to people, and the enterprise will follow, because real people run the enterprise. RIM is having a tough time because the competitor that displaced them is catering to real people.. not Wall Street… not the enterprise.

interview
His thoughts

However (not that this is the place) but enterprise runs top down as well. What we see and like, we push and we push loudly. Thats what the "real person" hears in many cases.

And as of late, its working backwards with a trickle up effect. What the "real person" likes, they are taking with them to the enterprise level. Example: iOS.

legacy7955

Distinguished
May 16, 2011
See the latest news about the PSG business at HP.

It looks like HP will NOT be selling the division but instead spinning it off, which I think is the best way for it to go. It will become a more agile, efficient company, and better able to cater to the needs of the consumer. I was hoping for this or the sale of the PSG to the folks that now manage it.

I like their PC products the prices are a bit higher but you get good quality, good support, and an excellent warranty with an option for very cheap extended coverage that gives you in home service for up to four years.

I think it would be a good idea for them to streamline the number of products and maybe do away with the bottom of the barrel items allowing other mfrs to have this segment. They should stay in the midrange and upper range segment for OEM products. I wonder if the printer business is going with them as well.

HPrometheus

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2011
Legacy, you rock. Thanks for the props on quality, HP is still are the number 1 computer manufacturer in the world because of consistent quality, moderate pricing, and of course people like you...laying it down for HP!