Service Pack 1

Hello, can someone tell me where I can get a Service Pack 1 CD mailed to me?
My computer crashed and I have to re-install Service 1 and 2. I have the CD
for Service Pack 2. Downloaded SP1 is about 4 hours using the Internet.
--
Thanks, choo-choo

"g-trains" <gtrains@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> Hello, can someone tell me where I can get a Service Pack 1 CD
> mailed to me?
> My computer crashed and I have to re-install Service 1 and 2. I
> have the CD
> for Service Pack 2. Downloaded SP1 is about 4 hours using the
> Internet.

You don't need it. Just install SP2. SP2 includes everything in
SP1.

Please reply to the newsgroup

Everything in SP1 is included in SP2. You already have it.

g-trains wrote:
> Hello, can someone tell me where I can get a Service Pack 1
> CD mailed to me? My computer crashed and I have to
> re-install Service 1 and 2. I have the CD for Service Pack
> 2. Downloaded SP1 is about 4 hours using the Internet.

You don't need SP1. You only need to install SP2. SP2 includes
all the relevant updates from SP1.

Nepatsfan

Thank you for the quick response, I wiil install SP2.
--
Thanks, choo-choo

"Nepatsfan" wrote:

> g-trains wrote:
> > Hello, can someone tell me where I can get a Service Pack 1
> > CD mailed to me? My computer crashed and I have to
> > re-install Service 1 and 2. I have the CD for Service Pack
> > 2. Downloaded SP1 is about 4 hours using the Internet.
>
> You don't need SP1. You only need to install SP2. SP2 includes
> all the relevant updates from SP1.
>
> Nepatsfan

You're welcome. Good luck with your installation.

Nepatsfan

g-trains wrote:
> Thank you for the quick response, I wiil install SP2.
>
>> g-trains wrote:
>>> Hello, can someone tell me where I can get a Service Pack 1
>>> CD mailed to me? My computer crashed and I have to
>>> re-install Service 1 and 2. I have the CD for Service Pack
>>> 2. Downloaded SP1 is about 4 hours using the Internet.
>>
>> You don't need SP1. You only need to install SP2. SP2
>> includes all the relevant updates from SP1.
>>
>> Nepatsfan

Hi

If you're in the US or Canada, try here:

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/updates/sp1/ordercd.mspx

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

"g-trains" <gtrains@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello, can someone tell me where I can get a Service Pack 1 CD mailed to
> me?
> My computer crashed and I have to re-install Service 1 and 2. I have the
> CD
> for Service Pack 2. Downloaded SP1 is about 4 hours using the Internet.
> --
> Thanks, choo-choo

You just gave him a link to download a big honking file he didn't need
because he already had its replacement. Do you read these questions?

> Hi
>
> If you're in the US or Canada, try here:
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/updates/sp1/ordercd.mspx
>
> --
>
> Will Denny
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
> Please reply to the News Groups
>

> "g-trains" <gtrains@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Hello, can someone tell me where I can get a Service Pack 1 CD mailed to
>> me?
>> My computer crashed and I have to re-install Service 1 and 2. I have the
>> CD
>> for Service Pack 2. Downloaded SP1 is about 4 hours using the Internet.
>> --
>> Thanks, choo-choo

Hello

You only have to install SP2, it superseeds SP1.

Best regards

This is the title of the article

"Order the Windows XP Service Pack 1a CD". That doesn't need any kind of
download - does it?