Service Pack 1

Hello, can someone tell me where I can get a Service Pack 1 CD mailed to me?
My computer crashed and I have to re-install Service 1 and 2. I have the CD
for Service Pack 2. Downloaded SP1 is about 4 hours using the Internet.
--
Thanks, choo-choo
9 answers Last reply

    "g-trains" <gtrains@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

    > Hello, can someone tell me where I can get a Service Pack 1 CD
    > mailed to me?
    > My computer crashed and I have to re-install Service 1 and 2. I
    > have the CD
    > for Service Pack 2. Downloaded SP1 is about 4 hours using the
    > Internet.

    You don't need it. Just install SP2. SP2 includes everything in
    SP1.

    Please reply to the newsgroup

    Everything in SP1 is included in SP2. You already have it.

    g-trains wrote:
    > Hello, can someone tell me where I can get a Service Pack 1
    > CD mailed to me? My computer crashed and I have to
    > re-install Service 1 and 2. I have the CD for Service Pack
    > 2. Downloaded SP1 is about 4 hours using the Internet.

    You don't need SP1. You only need to install SP2. SP2 includes
    all the relevant updates from SP1.

    Nepatsfan

    Thank you for the quick response, I wiil install SP2.
    --
    Thanks, choo-choo

    "Nepatsfan" wrote:

    > g-trains wrote:
    > > Hello, can someone tell me where I can get a Service Pack 1
    > > CD mailed to me? My computer crashed and I have to
    > > re-install Service 1 and 2. I have the CD for Service Pack
    > > 2. Downloaded SP1 is about 4 hours using the Internet.
    >
    > You don't need SP1. You only need to install SP2. SP2 includes
    > all the relevant updates from SP1.
    >
    > Nepatsfan

    You're welcome. Good luck with your installation.

    Nepatsfan

    g-trains wrote:
    > Thank you for the quick response, I wiil install SP2.
    >
    >> g-trains wrote:
    >>> Hello, can someone tell me where I can get a Service Pack 1
    >>> CD mailed to me? My computer crashed and I have to
    >>> re-install Service 1 and 2. I have the CD for Service Pack
    >>> 2. Downloaded SP1 is about 4 hours using the Internet.
    >>
    >> You don't need SP1. You only need to install SP2. SP2
    >> includes all the relevant updates from SP1.
    >>
    >> Nepatsfan

    Hi

    If you're in the US or Canada, try here:

    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/updates/sp1/ordercd.mspx

    --

    Will Denny
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    "g-trains" <gtrains@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hello, can someone tell me where I can get a Service Pack 1 CD mailed to
    > me?
    > My computer crashed and I have to re-install Service 1 and 2. I have the
    > CD
    > for Service Pack 2. Downloaded SP1 is about 4 hours using the Internet.
    > --
    > Thanks, choo-choo

    You just gave him a link to download a big honking file he didn't need
    because he already had its replacement. Do you read these questions?

    > Hi
    >
    > If you're in the US or Canada, try here:
    >
    > http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/updates/sp1/ordercd.mspx
    >
    > --
    >
    > Will Denny
    > MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    > Please reply to the News Groups
    >

    > "g-trains" <gtrains@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> Hello, can someone tell me where I can get a Service Pack 1 CD mailed to
    >> me?
    >> My computer crashed and I have to re-install Service 1 and 2. I have the
    >> CD
    >> for Service Pack 2. Downloaded SP1 is about 4 hours using the Internet.
    >> --
    >> Thanks, choo-choo

    Hello

    You only have to install SP2, it superseeds SP1.

    Best regards

    This is the title of the article

    "Order the Windows XP Service Pack 1a CD". That doesn't need any kind of
    download - does it?

    --

    "Jack Handey" <nothere@overthere.com> wrote in message
    > You just gave him a link to download a big honking file he didn't need
    > because he already had its replacement. Do you read these questions?

    >> Hi
    >>
    >> If you're in the US or Canada, try here:
    >>
    >> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/updates/sp1/ordercd.mspx
    >>
    >> --
    >>
    >> Will Denny
    >> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    >> Please reply to the News Groups
    >>

    >> "g-trains" <gtrains@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >>> Hello, can someone tell me where I can get a Service Pack 1 CD mailed to
    >>> me?
    >>> My computer crashed and I have to re-install Service 1 and 2. I have the
    >>> CD
    >>> for Service Pack 2. Downloaded SP1 is about 4 hours using the Internet.
    >>> --
    >>> Thanks, choo-choo

CD-Rom Microsoft Windows XP