dungeon keeper problem

Last response: in Video Games
June 24, 2004 2:29:20 PM

hello i was playing dungeon keeper gold then had to
reboot my system using windows home edition evrything
worked fine but now when i try to install it,it says
dungeon keeper requires windows 98,nt or high and will
not let me install it. plz someone help me

More about : dungeon keeper problem

Anonymous
June 24, 2004 7:28:26 PM

"st-peter" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2111b01c45a10$c8c77d30$a501280a@phx.gbl...
| hello i was playing dungeon keeper gold then had to
| reboot my system using windows home edition evrything
| worked fine but now when i try to install it,it says
| dungeon keeper requires windows 98,nt or high and will
| not let me install it. plz someone help me

Try installing and playing that using 95/98 Compatibility mode.

To install a program using Windows XP's Compatibility Mode, hold
down SHIFT as you insert the game CD, use My Computer to browse
to the setup program, and then skip down to step 1 in the list below:

To run an installed program using Windows XP's Compatibility Mode,
first right click the program and "Send To..." / Desktop (create shortcut).

1.. Right click on the shortcut to the program.
2.. Click on Properties.
3.. Click on the Compatibility tab.
4.. Click on Run this program in compatibility mode and select one of these:
a.. Windows 95
b.. Windows 98
c.. Windows NT 4
d.. Windows 2000
5.. Under Display settings, check mark the mode that you think that is best:
a.. Run in 256 colors.
b.. Run in 640 X 480 screen resolution.
c.. Disable visual themes.

Click on Apply.Click on Ok.Double click on the program.

Of course, let's not forget to check for any patches or updates for that game.
A good place to find them is: www.avault.com/pcrl/patches_list.asp?letter=a

If you'd like to learn more information about compatibility mode, you can click the
link in the Compatibility tab that reads "Learn more about program compatibility",
or watch this Application Compatibility Power Point Presentation:
http://support.microsoft.com/servicedesks/webcasts/wc11...

--
Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

June 27, 2004 6:28:47 PM

st-peter <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> hello i was playing dungeon keeper gold then had to
> reboot my system using windows home edition evrything
> worked fine but now when i try to install it,it says
> dungeon keeper requires windows 98,.....

Do yourself a big favour and get DK2. It's a huge improvement on DK
and runs fine on XP.

--
Regards, Bob
!