why is my athxp2000+ being read as 1.25ghz

perik57

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2002
After dwnloading sisoftwaresandra(standard) I noticed that my cpu is only being read as a 1.25 ghz when I know it is a 1.67 is there a simple answer to why this is ? my son and I built the computer (first one) and actually although we had alot of problems at first it has been very stable for a few weeks. in fact it's working fine now but if we have a 1.67 we'd like to take advantage of it. athlon xp 2000+ /asus a7n8x dlx mobo.2x256 PC-2100 ram (in the blue)windxp (home ver.)

Location..., Location...,Location !!!!

RCPilot

Champion
You need to set your FSB to 133 instead of 100.

I'm still learning & having fun doing it!! Trouble comes with the things you forget or overlook along the way that make it not so fun!!

bronibbear

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2001
Make sure your FSB is set at 133mhz not 100mhz most motherboards use a jumper for this but it can also be adjusted in the bios settings. Read your motherboard manual on how to do this for your particular model.

mister_e

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2003
I also have an A7N8X, and the default CPU frequency is set to 100MHz. You need to change this to 133MHz in the BIOS (it's under the Advanced Chipset section IIRC). No need to worry about the FSB jumpers on the mobo as the default setting is for 266/333 MHz.

perik57

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2002
Thanks for the reply all.. we have done that and when we go to post we get a cpu overspeed error... any other settings we might need to adjust?

RCPilot

Champion
Do you have your RAM set to Aggressive?

I'm still learning & having fun doing it!! Trouble comes with the things you forget or overlook along the way that make it not so fun!!

perik57

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2002
Thanxs RC,
It was set to optimal....after changing to aggressive evrything is running smooth and at expected numbers

eden

Champion
Weird, agressive technically would've made it worse lol.

Also, I can't believe you've been for weeks using your XP2000 at 1.25GHZ lol! :wink:

--
This post is brought to you by Eden, on a Via Eden, in the garden of Eden. :smile:

RCPilot

Champion
That's what I thought. I thought he had it set to aggressive & would have to turn it back to optimal. Go figure! I've seen some funny things though.