A Problem on My Dell, Not With My Dell

bill

I purchased Stufit Software because a guy I deal with likes to use it
and sends stuff to me compressed in that format. Not being totally
aware of what it did I selected to option to do a normal install which
included integration with MS OFFICE. This error on my part meant that
when I sent Excel spreadsheets Stufit would decide to put them into
"zip" format. Not really a problem except that other people I deal
with have mail servers that automatically reject attachments in "zip"
format.

I've tried all the tricks to uninstall it I know. Including
reinstalling and uninstalling again and again. It doesn't show up on
my computer, the directory for it is gone, but every time I start
Outlook I get an error message saying it can find a component of
Stufit. What is worse every time I try to e-mail a spreadsheet the
thing automatically gets "zipped" and rejected at the other end.

It is probably stuck deep in the registry. Any ideas on how to get
rid of it once and for all?

Bill <bgross@nospan.airmail.net> wrote in

> I purchased Stufit Software because a guy I deal with likes to use it
> and sends stuff to me compressed in that format. Not being totally
> aware of what it did I selected to option to do a normal install which
> included integration with MS OFFICE. This error on my part meant that
> when I sent Excel spreadsheets Stufit would decide to put them into
> "zip" format. Not really a problem except that other people I deal
> with have mail servers that automatically reject attachments in "zip"
> format.
>
> I've tried all the tricks to uninstall it I know. Including
> reinstalling and uninstalling again and again. It doesn't show up on
> my computer, the directory for it is gone, but every time I start
> Outlook I get an error message saying it can find a component of
> Stufit. What is worse every time I try to e-mail a spreadsheet the
> thing automatically gets "zipped" and rejected at the other end.
>
> It is probably stuck deep in the registry. Any ideas on how to get
> rid of it once and for all?

If the problem is only in Outlook, try this:

In Outlook, click Tools, Options, and then the Other tab. Click the
Advanced Options... button, and then click the Add-In Manager... button.
See if Stuffit or anything that looks like that is checked. If yes, remove
the checkmark. Close and re-open Outlook again to see if you still see the
error.

Good luck!

-lyj

bill

Thanks, I'll give it a try.

On 15 Jul 2005 15:40:39 -0500, LastYJ <carsx88-6012@yahoo.comm.>
wrote:

>Bill <bgross@nospan.airmail.net> wrote in
>
>> I purchased Stufit Software because a guy I deal with likes to use it
>> and sends stuff to me compressed in that format. Not being totally
>> aware of what it did I selected to option to do a normal install which
>> included integration with MS OFFICE. This error on my part meant that
>> when I sent Excel spreadsheets Stufit would decide to put them into
>> "zip" format. Not really a problem except that other people I deal
>> with have mail servers that automatically reject attachments in "zip"
>> format.
>>
>> I've tried all the tricks to uninstall it I know. Including
>> reinstalling and uninstalling again and again. It doesn't show up on
>> my computer, the directory for it is gone, but every time I start
>> Outlook I get an error message saying it can find a component of
>> Stufit. What is worse every time I try to e-mail a spreadsheet the
>> thing automatically gets "zipped" and rejected at the other end.
>>
>> It is probably stuck deep in the registry. Any ideas on how to get
>> rid of it once and for all?
>

>If the problem is only in Outlook, try this:
>
>In Outlook, click Tools, Options, and then the Other tab. Click the
>Advanced Options... button, and then click the Add-In Manager... button.
>See if Stuffit or anything that looks like that is checked. If yes, remove
>the checkmark. Close and re-open Outlook again to see if you still see the
>error.
>
>Good luck!
>

>-lyj

>http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! 120,000+ Newsgroups
>----= East and West-Coast Server Farms - Total Privacy via Encryption =----

ted

Distinguished
May 25, 2001

"Bill" <bgross@nospan.airmail.net> wrote in message
>I purchased Stufit Software because a guy I deal with likes to use it
> and sends stuff to me compressed in that format. Not being totally
> aware of what it did I selected to option to do a normal install which
> included integration with MS OFFICE. This error on my part meant that
> when I sent Excel spreadsheets Stufit would decide to put them into
> "zip" format. Not really a problem except that other people I deal
> with have mail servers that automatically reject attachments in "zip"
> format.
>
> I've tried all the tricks to uninstall it I know. Including
> reinstalling and uninstalling again and again. It doesn't show up on
> my computer, the directory for it is gone, but every time I start
> Outlook I get an error message saying it can find a component of
> Stufit. What is worse every time I try to e-mail a spreadsheet the
> thing automatically gets "zipped" and rejected at the other end.
>
> It is probably stuck deep in the registry. Any ideas on how to get
> rid of it once and for all?

system restore.........to a date before installation.

bill

On 15 Jul 2005 15:40:39 -0500, LastYJ <carsx88-6012@yahoo.comm.>
wrote:

[. . .]

>If the problem is only in Outlook, try this:
>
>In Outlook, click Tools, Options, and then the Other tab. Click the
>Advanced Options... button, and then click the Add-In Manager... button.
>See if Stuffit or anything that looks like that is checked. If yes, remove
>the checkmark. Close and re-open Outlook again to see if you still see the
>error.
>
>Good luck!
>

>-lyj

Thanks, it worked. Stuff not longer gets zipped. It's vestigates are
still hanging around in office on the Tool Bar.

bill

On Sat, 16 Jul 2005 16:17:34 -0500, Bill <bgross@nospan.airmail.net>
wrote:

>On 15 Jul 2005 15:40:39 -0500, LastYJ <carsx88-6012@yahoo.comm.>
>wrote:
>
>[. . .]
>>
>>If the problem is only in Outlook, try this:
>>
>>In Outlook, click Tools, Options, and then the Other tab. Click the
>>Advanced Options... button, and then click the Add-In Manager... button.
>>See if Stuffit or anything that looks like that is checked. If yes, remove
>>the checkmark. Close and re-open Outlook again to see if you still see the
>>error.
>>
>>Good luck!
>>

>>-lyj
>

>Thanks, it worked. Stuff not longer gets zipped. It's vestigates are
>still hanging around in office on the Tool Bar.

Found that, all remnants seem to be gone.

>>>If the problem is only in Outlook, try this:
>>>
>>>In Outlook, click Tools, Options, and then the Other tab. Click the
>>>Advanced Options... button, and then click the Add-In Manager...
>>>button. See if Stuffit or anything that looks like that is checked.
>>>If yes, remove the checkmark. Close and re-open Outlook again to see
>>>if you still see the error.
>>>
>>>Good luck!
>>>

>>>-lyj
>>

>>Thanks, it worked. Stuff not longer gets zipped. It's vestigates are
>>still hanging around in office on the Tool Bar.
>
> Found that, all remnants seem to be gone.

Glad that it worked!