Pinball Expo 2005 new dates and location is here!

Well, as you all know, the Ramada Inn is closing on Aug 31 so this
years Pinball Expo has to move! Unfortunatly is was comletely
impossible to find a suitable location with the same dates with this
little notice!!
Therefore this years Pinball expo will be Nov 17 to Nov 20 at the
WYNDHAM O'HARE which is right up the street from the Ramada INN. It is
a very nice place,has an indoor pool and 24 hour fitness center,much
better restauraunt choices and a sports bar,24 hour room service, FREE
PARKING for Guests,A LOWER ROOM RATE,in and out parking privledges,
free airport shuttle,overall much newer and nicer rooms and meeteeting
space. I was trying to work with the MARRIOTT with the same Oct dates
but they did not have enough space AND were way to high end for our
show.It was going to be very difficult to work with them on things like
the BUMPER BLAST and the noise thing! The people at the WYNDHAM are
very user friendly and all things will work similiar to the RAMADA
except its a much nicer place!!We will have the complete run of the
hotel as we did at the Ramada I know the date change is an
inconveinence for some but this year it had to be. Next years dates
will be back to the same weekend in October.In a few days we will
update the PINBALL EXPO web site and resrvations will be able to be
made.. Thanks for your concerns and support with this matter.. MIKE
PACAK

lscott

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2005

> inconveinence for some but this year it had to be. Next years dates
> will be back to the same weekend in October.In a few days we will
> update the PINBALL EXPO web site and resrvations will be able to be
> made.. Thanks for your concerns and support with this matter.. MIKE

Should we wait for these reservations .. I.E. did you get a better rate
for "pinball group" ..? IIRC, sometimes it was cheaper to register at
the Ramada through the internet...

danb

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2003

FYI....

I just made my reservations ($89/night, cancelable) and was told 25
rooms remain. (6% of hotel).

4 other shows in the hotel that weekend.

-DanB

mikepin wrote:
> Well, as you all know, the Ramada Inn is closing on Aug 31 so this
> years Pinball Expo has to move! Unfortunatly is was comletely
> impossible to find a suitable location with the same dates with this
> little notice!!
> Therefore this years Pinball expo will be Nov 17 to Nov 20 at the
> WYNDHAM O'HARE which is right up the street from the Ramada INN. It is
> a very nice place,has an indoor pool and 24 hour fitness center,much
> better restauraunt choices and a sports bar,24 hour room service, FREE
> PARKING for Guests,A LOWER ROOM RATE,in and out parking privledges,
> free airport shuttle,overall much newer and nicer rooms and meeteeting
> space. I was trying to work with the MARRIOTT with the same Oct dates
> but they did not have enough space AND were way to high end for our
> show.It was going to be very difficult to work with them on things like
> the BUMPER BLAST and the noise thing! The people at the WYNDHAM are
> very user friendly and all things will work similiar to the RAMADA
> except its a much nicer place!!We will have the complete run of the
> hotel as we did at the Ramada I know the date change is an
> inconveinence for some but this year it had to be. Next years dates
> will be back to the same weekend in October.In a few days we will
> update the PINBALL EXPO web site and resrvations will be able to be
> made.. Thanks for your concerns and support with this matter.. MIKE
> PACAK

Kick ASS!

Now, for the recon! MUAHAHAHAHAHA!! :))

lscott

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2005

Seems awfully full.. I reserved a room also just in case.. they wanted
89 for thurs/fri/sat nights, but 149 for wed night, so I skipped wed
for now. They said if there is a group rate negotiated that I can add
Wed night at that rate.

Pic of the hotel on their site looks nice. I await Korn's recon :)

DanB wrote:
> FYI....
>
> I just made my reservations ($89/night, cancelable) and was told 25
> rooms remain. (6% of hotel).
>
> 4 other shows in the hotel that weekend.
>
> -DanB

An amazing job on short notice. Glad you worked it out Mike. LTG :)

"mikepin" <mgpacak@aol.com> wrote in message
> Well, as you all know, the Ramada Inn is closing on Aug 31 so this
> years Pinball Expo has to move! Unfortunatly is was comletely
> impossible to find a suitable location with the same dates with this
> little notice!!
> Therefore this years Pinball expo will be Nov 17 to Nov 20 at the
> WYNDHAM O'HARE which is right up the street from the Ramada INN. It is
> a very nice place,has an indoor pool and 24 hour fitness center,much
> better restauraunt choices and a sports bar,24 hour room service, FREE
> PARKING for Guests,A LOWER ROOM RATE,in and out parking privledges,
> free airport shuttle,overall much newer and nicer rooms and meeteeting
> space. I was trying to work with the MARRIOTT with the same Oct dates
> but they did not have enough space AND were way to high end for our
> show.It was going to be very difficult to work with them on things like
> the BUMPER BLAST and the noise thing! The people at the WYNDHAM are
> very user friendly and all things will work similiar to the RAMADA
> except its a much nicer place!!We will have the complete run of the
> hotel as we did at the Ramada I know the date change is an
> inconveinence for some but this year it had to be. Next years dates
> will be back to the same weekend in October.In a few days we will
> update the PINBALL EXPO web site and resrvations will be able to be
> made.. Thanks for your concerns and support with this matter.. MIKE
> PACAK

Thursday - Sunday rates via the hotel website for AAA members shows
$84 a nite plus applicable taxes/fee's. Guess we know in a few days if
there is a $ discount for expo attendees.

Hotel Website:
http://www.wyndham.com/hotels/ORDAP/main.wnt

Passing on info.
Todd "GravitaR"

DanB wrote:

>FYI....
>
>I just made my reservations ($89/night, cancelable) and was told 25
>rooms remain. (6% of hotel).
>
>4 other shows in the hotel that weekend.
>
>-DanB

I just made my reservation and they said they didn't know anything about
a Pinball Expo. She took my reservation (at $129) and said she would
reduce to the group rate once that info came into the system.

Rick Swanson

fyi:

discounts for sams club card members as well.

booked mine at $79 night

BUT!

i was told they charge $14 a day for parking?!

hopefully mike has something worked out.

thanks mike, good job.

Pinlicious ( ...there is no spoon.)

pinlicious wrote:

>fyi:
>
>discounts for sams club card members as well.
>
>booked mine at $79 night

Changed mine to a AAA rate - $84 per night.

Rick Swanson

Woo hoo! I'm booked at Wyndham O'Hare, Wed thru Sun, AAA rate of $110 for
Wed nite and $84 for the rest.

See y'all there!!!

Randy

"Rick Swanson" <rns510@charter.net> wrote in message

> pinlicious wrote:
>
>>fyi:
>>
>>discounts for sams club card members as well.
>>
>>booked mine at $79 night
>>
> Changed mine to a AAA rate - $84 per night.
>

> Rick Swanson

Thanks Mike!
You done good.
Kind of bites having to wait another month, but hey - only an 11 month
waitafter this years!
Can't wait!
Dan

"mikepin" <mgpacak@aol.com> wrote in message
> Well, as you all know, the Ramada Inn is closing on Aug 31 so this
> years Pinball Expo has to move! Unfortunatly is was comletely
> impossible to find a suitable location with the same dates with this
> little notice!!
> Therefore this years Pinball expo will be Nov 17 to Nov 20 at the
> WYNDHAM O'HARE which is right up the street from the Ramada INN. It is
> a very nice place,has an indoor pool and 24 hour fitness center,much
> better restauraunt choices and a sports bar,24 hour room service, FREE
> PARKING for Guests,A LOWER ROOM RATE,in and out parking privledges,
> free airport shuttle,overall much newer and nicer rooms and meeteeting
> space. I was trying to work with the MARRIOTT with the same Oct dates
> but they did not have enough space AND were way to high end for our
> show.It was going to be very difficult to work with them on things like
> the BUMPER BLAST and the noise thing! The people at the WYNDHAM are
> very user friendly and all things will work similiar to the RAMADA
> except its a much nicer place!!We will have the complete run of the
> hotel as we did at the Ramada I know the date change is an
> inconveinence for some but this year it had to be. Next years dates
> will be back to the same weekend in October.In a few days we will
> update the PINBALL EXPO web site and resrvations will be able to be
> made.. Thanks for your concerns and support with this matter.. MIKE
> PACAK

JC

Ditto. *Not* easy. Hopefully, Mike can sign them to a two or three
year contract for future Expos.

-JC-

Lloyd Olson wrote:
> An amazing job on short notice. Glad you worked it out Mike. LTG :)
>
> "mikepin" <mgpacak@aol.com> wrote in message
> > Well, as you all know, the Ramada Inn is closing on Aug 31 so this
> > years Pinball Expo has to move! Unfortunatly is was comletely
> > impossible to find a suitable location with the same dates with this
> > little notice!!
> > Therefore this years Pinball expo will be Nov 17 to Nov 20 at the
> > WYNDHAM O'HARE which is right up the street from the Ramada INN. It is
> > a very nice place,has an indoor pool and 24 hour fitness center,much
> > better restauraunt choices and a sports bar,24 hour room service, FREE
> > PARKING for Guests,A LOWER ROOM RATE,in and out parking privledges,
> > free airport shuttle,overall much newer and nicer rooms and meeteeting
> > space. I was trying to work with the MARRIOTT with the same Oct dates
> > but they did not have enough space AND were way to high end for our
> > show.It was going to be very difficult to work with them on things like
> > the BUMPER BLAST and the noise thing! The people at the WYNDHAM are
> > very user friendly and all things will work similiar to the RAMADA
> > except its a much nicer place!!We will have the complete run of the
> > hotel as we did at the Ramada I know the date change is an
> > inconveinence for some but this year it had to be. Next years dates
> > will be back to the same weekend in October.In a few days we will
> > update the PINBALL EXPO web site and resrvations will be able to be
> > made.. Thanks for your concerns and support with this matter.. MIKE
> > PACAK

I glad you were able to reschedule, but now I can't go!!!!! This was
going to be my first Expo, but it's a bad week for me.

I'm very sad. Maybe next year.......

Ken in Princeton
TZ, STTNG, IJ & MM

On 17 Jun 2005 14:06:59 -0700, "KME" <daveycat2001@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Wow... get to watch the world series for once!

wasn't the tigers sweeping the padres exciting enough? ;-P)

On 17 Jun 2005 10:07:31 -0700, "mikepin" <mgpacak@aol.com> wrote:

>Well, as you all know, the Ramada Inn is closing on Aug 31 so this
>years Pinball Expo has to move! Unfortunatly is was comletely
>impossible to find a suitable location with the same dates with this
>little notice!!
>Therefore this years Pinball expo will be Nov 17 to Nov 20 at the
>WYNDHAM O'HARE which is right up the street from the Ramada INN. It is
>a very nice place,has an indoor pool and 24 hour fitness center,much
>better restauraunt choices and a sports bar,24 hour room service, FREE
>PARKING for Guests,A LOWER ROOM RATE,in and out parking privledges,
>free airport shuttle,overall much newer and nicer rooms and meeteeting
>space. I was trying to work with the MARRIOTT with the same Oct dates
>but they did not have enough space AND were way to high end for our
>show.It was going to be very difficult to work with them on things like
>the BUMPER BLAST and the noise thing! The people at the WYNDHAM are
>very user friendly and all things will work similiar to the RAMADA
>except its a much nicer place!!We will have the complete run of the
>hotel as we did at the Ramada I know the date change is an
>inconveinence for some but this year it had to be. Next years dates
>will be back to the same weekend in October.In a few days we will
>update the PINBALL EXPO web site and resrvations will be able to be
>made.. Thanks for your concerns and support with this matter.. MIKE
>PACAK

UPDATE:

talked to mike, everything sounds really good.

if you are staying at the hotel, it looks like there will be NO
parking fees! whoo-hoo!

if your not, i am guessing you are gonna have to pay some sort of
daily fee.

SO STAY AT THE HOTEL! :)

Pinlicious ( ...there is no spoon.)

I LOVE FREE PARKING!!!

"mikepin" <mgpacak@aol.com> wrote in message
> Well, as you all know, the Ramada Inn is closing on Aug 31 so this
> years Pinball Expo has to move! Unfortunatly is was comletely
> impossible to find a suitable location with the same dates with this
> little notice!!
> Therefore this years Pinball expo will be Nov 17 to Nov 20 at the
> WYNDHAM O'HARE which is right up the street from the Ramada INN. It is
> a very nice place,has an indoor pool and 24 hour fitness center,much
> better restauraunt choices and a sports bar,24 hour room service, FREE
> PARKING for Guests,A LOWER ROOM RATE,in and out parking privledges,
> free airport shuttle,overall much newer and nicer rooms and meeteeting
> space. I was trying to work with the MARRIOTT with the same Oct dates
> but they did not have enough space AND were way to high end for our
> show.It was going to be very difficult to work with them on things like
> the BUMPER BLAST and the noise thing! The people at the WYNDHAM are
> very user friendly and all things will work similiar to the RAMADA
> except its a much nicer place!!We will have the complete run of the
> hotel as we did at the Ramada I know the date change is an
> inconveinence for some but this year it had to be. Next years dates
> will be back to the same weekend in October.In a few days we will
> update the PINBALL EXPO web site and resrvations will be able to be
> made.. Thanks for your concerns and support with this matter.. MIKE
> PACAK

Here Here (Big applause for Mike) See you guys there, and now won't even
have to check my bed for critters woohoo!

Todd

On 17 Jun 2005 14:48:11 -0700, lscott@dlptech.com wrote:

>> talked to mike, everything sounds really good.
>
>So I assume pinbrawl is still on?

4-SURE

Pinlicious ( ...there is no spoon.)

$14 is better than $20 but I'd REALLY like Free ;)

On 17 Jun 2005 16:16:54 -0700, "KME" <daveycat2001@yahoo.com> wrote:

>but what about those cool pinbrawl shirts? ;)

cool? or SWASS!? :-D

Pinlicious ( ...there is no spoon.)