Installing Windows 95 game on Windows XP

I am trying to install a Disney game and I am getting this message:

C:/ Windows System 32/Autoexec.NT

This system file is not suitable for running MS DOS and microsoft windows
applications. Choose close to terminate application.

go to disney.com and follow the links for video games. they have detailed
help files for all their video games.

"rhodnmo" <rhodnmo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am trying to install a Disney game and I am getting this message:
>
> C:/ Windows System 32/Autoexec.NT
>
> This system file is not suitable for running MS DOS and microsoft windows
> applications. Choose close to terminate application.

Here's the direct link to disney's help page where you can select your
operating system and game in question.

http://bvgsupport.go.com/techdocs/disney/homepage.do

"rhodnmo" <rhodnmo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am trying to install a Disney game and I am getting this message:
>
> C:/ Windows System 32/Autoexec.NT
>
> This system file is not suitable for running MS DOS and microsoft windows
> applications. Choose close to terminate application.

Hi,

The simplest method to resolve this common problem is to copy autoexec.nt
from C:\Windows\repair to C:\Windows\system32 and overwrite the one that is
currently there.

Alternately, you can create a new autoexec.nt file and save it to the
\windows\system32 folder to overwrite the corrupted one. Click start/run and
type notepad, then click ok. Copy/paste the below code into it (instead of
typing it in to prevent errors), then click file/"save as". Navigate to the
C:\Windows\system32 folder, change the "save as file" type to "all types"
and name the file autoexec.nt, then click save (if prompted to overwrite the
existing one, do so).

@echo off
lh %SystemRoot%\system32\mscdexnt.exe
lh %SystemRoot%\system32\redir
lh %SystemRoot%\system32\dosx
SET BLASTER=A220 I5 D1 P330 T3

Reboot when finished. This usually fixes it, but you will find further steps
here if it doesn't:

Error message when you install or start an MS-DOS or 16-bit Windows-based
program
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=324767

Basically, you will have to expand new copies of command.com, autoexec.nt,
and config.nt to the system32 folder from the WinXP CD or I386 folder on
your hard drive. Sometimes, you need to create new ones and overwrite the
existing ones - the method is described in the article.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"rhodnmo" <rhodnmo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am trying to install a Disney game and I am getting this message:
>
> C:/ Windows System 32/Autoexec.NT
>
> This system file is not suitable for running MS DOS and microsoft windows
> applications. Choose close to terminate application.

TRENDING THREADS