When do we get to see a REVIEW?!?!?!?!

WATYF

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2001
Well?!?! When do we get to see a review of the Bartons??? Yeah, yeah... I could go read some poorly translated review of the 2500+ vs the 2800+... but who gives a crap how the 2800+ stacks up verses the 2500+.

I want to know how the 3000+ stack up against the P4 3GHz!!

The dumb things are slated to ship in three freaking days,... are you telling me that Tom can't get his hot little hands on one of 'em a measly three days early?!?!

We've been waiting forever for the Bartons (not to mention the Hammers) and now we have to wait until we can do our OWN benchmarks before we can find out how they perform??

What's up with that?

WATYF

eden

Champion
Hey dude, calm the hell up ok?
Yelling and throwing harsh comments isn't gonna help.
In case you haven't yet noticed, the Bartons are released on Feb 10. or launched, therefore LOGICALLY THG would release the review on that day, which is monday, the day the "factory opens" at THG. So I suggest you try to think next time before yelling out with no idea.

--
This post is brought to you by Eden, on a Via Eden, in the garden of Eden. :smile:

WATYF

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2001
Er... well.. not to be rude... but the GeForceFX hasn't been "launched"... and we already got a review on that. Half the stuff that gets reviewed here hasn't been launched yet, so I'm not quite sure what relevance the launch date has. Last I checked, we usually didn't have to wait until something was readily available to the public before we could see a review of it.

I'm not being harsh, and I'm not getting upset at Tom or anything stupid... sheesh... I learn more here then pretty much any other site on the planet. But it's just been tickin' me off for weeks now that I can't find ANYWHERE that has a real review of these things. I can pre-order one right now, but how the heck do I know if it's worth it if I can't see how well it's gonna perform?

I am allowed to vent, am I not?

WATYF

dhlucke

Polypheme
Don't preorder anything. Those poor suckers that preordered the FX got screwed. You happy with that review? Rumor has it that the FX 5800 Ultra got canned.

Just sit back and wait with the rest of us. An early review isn't going to do you any good.

<font color=red>
<A HREF="http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?dhlucke" target="_new">If you were to have sex with your clone would that be considered incest or masturbation?</A></font color=red>

eden

Champion
Half the stuff that gets reviewed here hasn't been launched yet
Unfortunatly we live in a world where paper launches exist, and that's pretty much what most products have had to go through lately. The AthlonXP 2400,2600+ were paper launched, just like the XP2800+. The geForce FX is paper launched as no one owns one. In fact technically, it was launched last year, as some claimed.
Therefore, the launch date has little meaning nowadays, and it's more the ETA at local retail shops that matters. Barton launches February 10, period. Will it be out in stores in the same week? Doubtful, but it's definitly "launched" for AMD, and it shall be reviewed officially on that day.

--
This post is brought to you by Eden, on a Via Eden, in the garden of Eden. :smile: <P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Eden on 02/08/03 10:50 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

eden

Champion
I remember one sucker in the graphics forum, I believe his name was Terminator, claimed he pre-ordered one. If true, let us enjoy throwing cans at him next time he appears.

In fact I recall he did pass by, to post some news then hide. Must be some troll.

--
This post is brought to you by Eden, on a Via Eden, in the garden of Eden. :smile: