Terminal services on WIN XP Pro?

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.network_web (More info?)

I have heard that you can enable Terminal services on XP Pro so that other
computers can log on to it via the Remote Desktop Client. How is this doen.
What do you have to enable or load on the HOST XP PC?

I have also seen articles previously about XP SP 2 and that it will allow 2
sessions to run so you can have a local session and 1 RDC connected as
well.

Is there a definitive and reliable article on this?

Thanks,
2 answers Last reply
More about terminal services
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.network_web (More info?)

    See this page for help...

    Post additional questions concerning Remote Desktop to the
    microsoft.public.windowsxp.work_remotely news group.

    Simultaneous sessions are not supported in SP2. It was in early beta
    versions but was not included in the RTM version of SP2.

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;280828

    You can shadow a RDP session in a Windows 2003 environment...

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;279656

    --

    Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

    benefit of all of us...
    rights...

    "jm7" <x@ht> wrote in message
    >I have heard that you can enable Terminal services on XP Pro so that other
    > computers can log on to it via the Remote Desktop Client. How is this
    > doen.
    > What do you have to enable or load on the HOST XP PC?
    >
    > I have also seen articles previously about XP SP 2 and that it will allow
    > 2
    > sessions to run so you can have a local session and 1 RDC connected as
    > well.
    >
    > Is there a definitive and reliable article on this?
    >
    > Thanks,

  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.network_web (More info?)

    Click Start, right click My Computer and select Properties. Click the Remote
    Tab. It is the second option.
    "jm7" <x@ht> wrote in message
    >I have heard that you can enable Terminal services on XP Pro so that other
    > computers can log on to it via the Remote Desktop Client. How is this
    > doen.
    > What do you have to enable or load on the HOST XP PC?
    >
    > I have also seen articles previously about XP SP 2 and that it will allow
    > 2
    > sessions to run so you can have a local session and 1 RDC connected as
    > well.
    >
    > Is there a definitive and reliable article on this?
    >
    > Thanks,

Terminal Microsoft Windows XP