BullFire

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2003
Hi, this is my first post in the forum... :)

Well, the thing is that I am going to change my computer soon, and I was thinking in a AMD based system, but I don't know if it is better to wait until the new Athlon XP is on stores or to change my PC now.
But my question is, if anyone has any idea of when the new AMD CPU will be available (and the MOBOs for it)?...
This will be soon (months, weeks, days)????
Cause I am really looking forward to change my PC but I dont know if i must wait a little more.

Help!

RCPilot

Champion
Well it's going to be the Barton next. It's out Feb. 10th I believe. After that prices should drop on the high T-breads 2700 (maybe) 2600 @ 333 FSB. 2800 hasn't been all that available as it is. Hammer is in the fall or so. Yes there are MOBO's that support the Barton out now.

I wonder why you'd consider that new of a CPU without seeing benchmarks on it though? I haven't seen any yet, have you?

I'm still learning & having fun doing it!! Trouble comes with the things you forget or overlook along the way that make it not so fun!!

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
Just a few extreemly sketchy ones... sandra mostly LOL. and we know how reliable and realistic sandra benchmarks are dont we? :smile:

<b>My Computer is so powerful Sauron Desires it and mortal men Covet it, <i>My Precioussssssss</i></b>

BullFire

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2003
Well...so I wait until the new hammerfist is available on stores or not??

The thing is that i dont want to spend more money in my pc, cause i want to have the top tech hardware in my pc.

RCPilot

Champion
I guess so. Take a number & stand in line, I think that's how it goes.

I'm still learning & having fun doing it!! Trouble comes with the things you forget or overlook along the way that make it not so fun!!

eden

Champion
Just what the heck is the Hammerfist, and where in the world did you come up with such a core name?

--
This post is brought to you by Eden, on a Via Eden, in the garden of Eden. :smile:

TRENDING THREADS