Status
Not open for further replies.

rogiwara

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2010
On my ipod touch 2nd generation I have replaced the rear panel, after reassembling it, the screen only shows a white flash, but all other features is "working", like, I could play a song in it, but the screen is all white, I have tried hard-reset and all software/firmware problems, my question is, if I change the lcd screen will it work again?

G

I admire your courage in disassembling any Apple product but be careful to avoid static damage if your are going to invest in a new screen -- this may have been what did for your screen -- or is it just disconnected ?

These things aren't designed to be repaired.

rogiwara

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2010
Thanks for your reply, and yes, for sure these things aren't designed to be repaired.
But anyway it is not disconnected I have checked many times, I took care about the static but it may have happened.
I have ordered a new one, as soons it arrives I post the results here.

Thanks!

G

Yes, do tell. I have an iPod mini due for a new battery and plan to swap out the hard drive for a compact flash card.

The thing's working at the moment but the last iPod mini I opened I broke the clickwheel lead, then broke the replacement clickwheel's lead.

Swore I'd never touch the darned things again but then someone gave me another one.

G

I have had two iPod minis and an LG touchscreen player. Last weekend found one of the cheaper Sony players (at a considerable reduction on the approx $70 list price because it's an old model).

Like current Sonys, resembles the iPod Nano but with bigger screen and separate controls for menu and volume. I would say it's the best player I've yet used.

Lacks the wow factor of a Touch but I bet you'd appreciate the small size and 40+ hours battery life.

Status
Not open for further replies.