Normally when you place the arrow over an item in the toolbar-you can see
information, eg. how much of an update has been downloaded in automatic
windows update, etc. My displayed information is mostly hidden behind the
blue toolbar--in otherword-I can't read the message. Any suggestions?

Dev

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2001

/thorbaron/ said:

> Normally when you place the arrow over an item in the toolbar-you can see
> information, eg. how much of an update has been downloaded in automatic
> windows update, etc. My displayed information is mostly hidden behind the
> blue toolbar--in otherword-I can't read the message. Any suggestions?

Perhaps this article addresses what you are experiencing...
http://www.tech-pro.net/howto_018.html

--
For most XP answers and tweaks...
http://dougknox.com http://aumha.org

Hi,

A common problem with no real, permanent solution. Logging off and back on
again can temporarily resolve it. It's caused by the sort order for the
desktop, and sometimes it gets confused as to what's supposed to be on top.
Use of the "show desktop" icon can frequently cause this, but it's not the
only reason.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/