tdean

Distinguished
May 4, 2001
any difference between them and their retail counterparts? my lady friend gave me need for speed: porsche unlimited that came with her fathers compaq, and i noticed the product key has oem in it. i just read a review on gamespot that was talking about all these features of the game that i dont seem to have..... i guess you get what you pay for, but i was curious.

....the birds seemed to be calling him, thought caw....<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by tdean on 03/08/02 07:18 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

Pettytheft

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2001
Ocassionally there will be something insignificant missing from the game. Like a silly bonus level. Sometimes they are an extended Demo. But 90% of the time they are full versions of a popular game that is around 1 year old. With my first GeForce Card I got UT, I never noticed any difference. With my SBLive card I got DeusEx, Thief2, and some other game which I fail to remember. If anything seemed missing from DeusEx than I'll never know, the game was awesome.

Blah, Blah Blahh, Blahh, blahh blah blahh, blah blah.

tdean

Distinguished
May 4, 2001
the other game was decent 3 i bet... i got het same bundle. hey, ive brought this up beore, but what did you think of the ending of theif 2... was that the most anti-climactic of all time? man, that still kills me....

....the birds seemed to be calling him, thought caw....

dhlucke

Polypheme
The games that come with videocards, I think, are the full version, but you can buy cheap versions of the games at Best Buy for example that might not have every level or are simply a demo. Usually you can tell though. If a game costs $5 you probably aren't getting what you think. $9.99 and above though and you're probably ok.

<font color=red>If you were to have sex with your clone would that be considered incest or masturbation?</font color=red>

Pettytheft

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2001
I never finished Thief2, I got bored with Thief, now that you've said that I really dont want to dive into that game again.

Blah, Blah Blahh, Blahh, blahh blah blahh, blah blah.

tdean

Distinguished
May 4, 2001
its almost worth it to see how bad the ending is.... i kept replaying it b/c i thought i missed something. i liked thief 1 a lot though. actually 2 was really good except for the lousy ending.

....the birds seemed to be calling him, thought caw....