Clie TH55 - Hard reset - Why?

October 17, 2004 4:58:58 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.palmtops.pilot,alt.comp.sys.palmtops.pilot (More info?)

I use a TH55/E without any of the provided Sony programs (i.e.
Standard-Launcher, Memo, Todo, Datebk5, Aeroplayer, etc).

I had to hard reset it for the third time now, without any obvious reason -
except, that it might have something to do with connections to the WLAN
(Netgear and Linksys routers, mostly) or to a Bluetooth device (Siemens S55
and Acer Travelmate 663).
First time the TH55 crashed hard while getting some SMSs from the cellphone
via BT, the other two times it crashed while using NetFront via WLAN (-- not
at the startup of NetFront, but after browsing for a while...).

The error message is "DataMgr.c, Line:9529, Index out of range". Only a hard
reset helps.

I have those system extensions installed: Graffitti 1, TheGoGo, KeepWide,
Obfuscate, MathLib, PocketC (and -- most of the time disabled/deactivated:
ClipPro, Screenshot5, McPhling, GimmeFive).

Does anyone experience the same problems?
Thanks for any help.

Martin

More about : clie th55 hard reset

October 20, 2004 5:10:29 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.palmtops.pilot,alt.comp.sys.palmtops.pilot (More info?)

Hmmm. The GoGo is somewhat of a resource hog for sure. I certainly can't
say its the cause of your problems, but I ended up removing it. I started
using DefaultCapture instead, since all I really wanted was to an easy
on/off switch (and back button.).

--
tim@palmzone.net
http://www.palmzone.net