Closed Solved

Question on Dell (Canada's) Return Policy?

:hello: So I've finally gotten dell to agree to replace my XPS 15 L502X laptop with a new one (didnt come in yet) after nearly a summer full of computer problems (2 hardware failures and bad build quality) and hours of arguing over the phone with dell. Well now I'm completely fed up with dell and I was wondering whether i'd be able to just return the replacement and get my money back- basically I've had the old one since late may, so the 21 day policy is up on that one, but I was wondering whether the new computer they sent me would have a new 21 day policy as well, so I'd be able to get a full refund. I'm guessing it would have one, but for some reason customer care would only give me a replacement, so now I'm not so sure. Anyways, if anyone can help me out, or even better has had this experience themselves, please give me an answer.
Thanks in advance
PS: I'm new to tomshardware, hopefully I picked the right section
5 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about question dell canada return policy
  1. The way warranties work is that any replacement would carry the remainder (in your case zero) of the warranty of the original product shipped.
  2. Ubrales said:
    The way warranties work is that any replacement would carry the remainder (in your case zero) of the warranty of the original product shipped.

Thanks, so I guess that means I'm out of luck. :( :( :( Well I guess I can still sell it to someone brand new.
  3. Best answer
    DarkYoshi said:
    Thanks, so I guess that means I'm out of luck. :( :( :( Well I guess I can still sell it to someone brand new.

Sorry, but that is harsh reality!
  4. Best answer selected by DarkYoshi.
  5. This topic has been closed by Area51reopened
Ask a new question

Read More

Dell Policy Computers