CPU FAN - Too loud

sarvi

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2003
Let me say this is my first time building my own PC. And the help I have received on this site and community has been most valuable in both my deciding on the right components and putting it together.

I have the system up and running.

I am trying to address one last problem. I have been trying to build a quite PC. So I went the extra mile to get an Aluminium Case, which also happens to look great.
The case fan is a Thermaltake Case Fan II which had good reviews. Its is thermal sensing an hence doesn't kick in until necessary(hm I don't even know if it has kicked in yet.

Anyway, CPU fan that came with Pentium 4 2.53 Ghz CPU is the only noise maker out there.

Are there any options I should consider to address this.
I am not overclocking. In general the CPU temperature according to the monitor has not gone above 25-28 degrees centigrade according to the sensor software.

Just in case it is usefull the case temperature(measured right on the hard disk wall, not sure if thats the right place is between 32-40.0 degrees centigrade after over night running of the system.

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
i think most stock coolers for p4's make a bit of noise, but it aint too bad.

if you want quieter, find an aftermarket p4 cooler with room for an 80mm fan, then you can find the quietest one around and use that.

and LOL at your cpu and case temps.

how can the CPU temp be lower than the case temp. i think something is reading wrong.

but u needent worry in any case. p4's rarely run hot.

<b>My Computer is so powerful Sauron Desires it and mortal men Covet it, <i>My Precioussssssss</i></b>

Zalman makes a fan adjuster for about $7 that works great with any 3 pin fan. I wouldn't run it below 2000 rpm. Many boards have onboard sensors that issue an alarm if cpu fans are running too low.