pinball expo hotel reservations

Pinball expo rate at the Wyndham is 85.95 for single or double double
with free parking!! It is probably the best rate you are going to get
and we really need you to call the hotel direct at 847 297 1234 to make
reservations to make the whole program work!! Please give them a few
hours to get it into their systems. If you have made reservations
please change them to get the free parking . If you have an issue with
plane reservations or hotel reservations that can not be changed please
email me direct and the hotel people will TRY to help you. Thanks
mike pacak

Mike, is the $85.95 rate supposed to apply to Wednesday night as well? They
quoted me $110 for Wed and $84 for the other nights (AAA rate.)

Randy

"mikepin" <mgpacak@aol.com> wrote in message
> Pinball expo rate at the Wyndham is 85.95 for single or double double
> with free parking!! It is probably the best rate you are going to get
> and we really need you to call the hotel direct at 847 297 1234 to make
> reservations to make the whole program work!! Please give them a few
> hours to get it into their systems. If you have made reservations
> please change them to get the free parking . If you have an issue with
> plane reservations or hotel reservations that can not be changed please
> email me direct and the hotel people will TRY to help you. Thanks
> mike pacak

lscott

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2005

Just tried to convert my reservations and the pinball event isn't in
the system yet. I'll try them early next week.

Great job on the quick turnaround, Mike!

mikepin wrote:
> Pinball expo rate at the Wyndham is 85.95 for single or double double
> with free parking!! It is probably the best rate you are going to get
> and we really need you to call the hotel direct at 847 297 1234 to make
> reservations to make the whole program work!! Please give them a few
> hours to get it into their systems. If you have made reservations
> please change them to get the free parking . If you have an issue with
> plane reservations or hotel reservations that can not be changed please
> email me direct and the hotel people will TRY to help you. Thanks
> mike pacak

I'm at the AAA rate of $84 as well. When I called for the reservations,
they transferred me to the national reservations desk. I'll call them
again.

Thanks for wookin this thing up Mike!

"mikepin" <mgpacak@aol.com> wrote in message
> Pinball expo rate at the Wyndham is 85.95 for single or double double
> with free parking!! It is probably the best rate you are going to get
> and we really need you to call the hotel direct at 847 297 1234 to make
> reservations to make the whole program work!! Please give them a few
> hours to get it into their systems. If you have made reservations
> please change them to get the free parking . If you have an issue with
> plane reservations or hotel reservations that can not be changed please
> email me direct and the hotel people will TRY to help you. Thanks
> mike pacak

jay

Randy P. wrote:
> Mike, is the $85.95 rate supposed to apply to Wednesday night as well? They
> quoted me $110 for Wed and $84 for the other nights (AAA rate.)

Today's Saturday. I just called 1-847-297-1234, asked for reservations,
they transferred me to what sounded like their national number, I
mentioned Pinball Expo, the lady at first mentioned rate of 89.00 but I
advised her 85.95 and she seemed to look harder and went with 85.95 but
offered me a choice of 1 queen or 1 king, then I read Mike's post to
her saying single OR double. I got the reservation for a double for 4
nights at 85.95, Wednesday to Sunday.

:)

Thanks Jay. I just called back and they changed my Wed res'n to $84 (AAA
rate.) ;-)

Randy

"Jay" <webvisa@msn.com> wrote in message
> Randy P. wrote:
>> Mike, is the $85.95 rate supposed to apply to Wednesday night as well?
>> They
>> quoted me $110 for Wed and $84 for the other nights (AAA rate.)
>
> Today's Saturday. I just called 1-847-297-1234, asked for reservations,
> they transferred me to what sounded like their national number, I
> mentioned Pinball Expo, the lady at first mentioned rate of 89.00 but I
> advised her 85.95 and she seemed to look harder and went with 85.95 but
> offered me a choice of 1 queen or 1 king, then I read Mike's post to
> her saying single OR double. I got the reservation for a double for 4
> nights at 85.95, Wednesday to Sunday.
>
> :)

For those that have non-refundable hotel reservations made through
Hotwire or other websites. Call the hotel to see if they will change
the date of the reservation for you. Called Hotwire and Access America
(Travel insurance) and they said a change of date for an event isnt
cover'd under their policies. I then called the hotel as a last ditch
effort to see if I could still use my initial reservations for a
different date. They changed the dates of my stay without any
additional charges or questions asked.

Just goes to show that there are some high class hotels out there that
care about their customers. I just hope I get to stay with them again
come next years expo. You can believe that there will be a substantial
tip left for them for this level of customer service.

Todd "GravitaR"

On 17 Jun 2005 13:06:37 -0700, "mikepin" <mgpacak@aol.com> wrote:

>Pinball expo rate at the Wyndham is 85.95 for single or double double
>with free parking!! It is probably the best rate you are going to get
>and we really need you to call the hotel direct at 847 297 1234 to make
>reservations to make the whole program work!! Please give them a few
>hours to get it into their systems. If you have made reservations
>please change them to get the free parking . If you have an issue with
>plane reservations or hotel reservations that can not be changed please
>email me direct and the hotel people will TRY to help you. Thanks
>mike pacak

How can Hotwire or any other company with non-refundable hotel
reservations keep your money when the hotel is closed? It's not your
fault or their fault. They have no monetary obligation to the hotel
that closed. I'd fight real hard on that one.

Frank

On Sat, 18 Jun 2005 12:29:32 -0400, GravitaR <gravitar@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>For those that have non-refundable hotel reservations made through
>Hotwire or other websites. Call the hotel to see if they will change
>the date of the reservation for you. Called Hotwire and Access America
>(Travel insurance) and they said a change of date for an event isnt
>cover'd under their policies. I then called the hotel as a last ditch
>effort to see if I could still use my initial reservations for a
>different date. They changed the dates of my stay without any
>additional charges or questions asked.
>
>Just goes to show that there are some high class hotels out there that
>care about their customers. I just hope I get to stay with them again
>come next years expo. You can believe that there will be a substantial
>tip left for them for this level of customer service.
>
>Todd "GravitaR"
>
>On 17 Jun 2005 13:06:37 -0700, "mikepin" <mgpacak@aol.com> wrote:
>
>>Pinball expo rate at the Wyndham is 85.95 for single or double double
>>with free parking!! It is probably the best rate you are going to get
>>and we really need you to call the hotel direct at 847 297 1234 to make
>>reservations to make the whole program work!! Please give them a few
>>hours to get it into their systems. If you have made reservations
>>please change them to get the free parking . If you have an issue with
>>plane reservations or hotel reservations that can not be changed please
>>email me direct and the hotel people will TRY to help you. Thanks
>>mike pacak

The whole point though, Met, is that they didn't *have* to do jack
squat for us. They could have just told us, "Too bad, we've already
got your money, you're screwed."

Any way you look at this they did us a *huge* solid, and I'm extremely
grateful for it. That *is* great customer service, no matter how you
want to spin it.

Aron

Holiday Inn just down the street.

Hey, get on IRC. I'm there now.

Aron

Their reservations were at OTHER hotels, not the Ramada.

"Frank Brown" <fbrown4@wi.rr.com> wrote in message
> How can Hotwire or any other company with non-refundable hotel
> reservations keep your money when the hotel is closed? It's not your
> fault or their fault. They have no monetary obligation to the hotel
> that closed. I'd fight real hard on that one.
>
> Frank
>
> On Sat, 18 Jun 2005 12:29:32 -0400, GravitaR <gravitar@hotmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>>For those that have non-refundable hotel reservations made through
>>Hotwire or other websites. Call the hotel to see if they will change
>>the date of the reservation for you. Called Hotwire and Access America
>>(Travel insurance) and they said a change of date for an event isnt
>>cover'd under their policies. I then called the hotel as a last ditch
>>effort to see if I could still use my initial reservations for a
>>different date. They changed the dates of my stay without any
>>additional charges or questions asked.
>>
>>Just goes to show that there are some high class hotels out there that
>>care about their customers. I just hope I get to stay with them again
>>come next years expo. You can believe that there will be a substantial
>>tip left for them for this level of customer service.
>>
>>Todd "GravitaR"
>>
>>On 17 Jun 2005 13:06:37 -0700, "mikepin" <mgpacak@aol.com> wrote:
>>
>>>Pinball expo rate at the Wyndham is 85.95 for single or double double
>>>with free parking!! It is probably the best rate you are going to get
>>>and we really need you to call the hotel direct at 847 297 1234 to make
>>>reservations to make the whole program work!! Please give them a few
>>>hours to get it into their systems. If you have made reservations
>>>please change them to get the free parking . If you have an issue with
>>>plane reservations or hotel reservations that can not be changed please
>>>email me direct and the hotel people will TRY to help you. Thanks
>>>mike pacak

I REALLY can not believe withthe rate of 85.00 with FREE parking
anyone would want to stay anywhere else???? MIKE PACAK

Well, Mike, in fairness to us, we booked with Hotwire about a month
ago, assuming the old dates, and that it would be held at the Ramada.
I do believe that the room rate for the Wyndham with free parking is
quite good, but at the same time, I don't want to just throw away money
that I've already spent. I truly despised the Ramada, and haven't
stayed there in three years.

I promise that I'll take a good look at the Wyndham this year, and if
it's a nice place, I'll stay there the following year, if the rates
stay similar.

Fair enough?

Aron