Sign in with
Your question

Looking for a good netbook

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
December 17, 2009 6:10:35 PM

Hi all, I am currently looking for a decent netbook, but also needs to still be quite small.

I have my eye on the Samsung N510, because it can play HD video and is half decent at running popular games at low settings like WoW, Left 4 Dead etc. I know netbooks are not meant for gaming, but I like gadgets and want to be able to do as much as possible in the smallest unit I can possibly get.

I was also thinking of the HP Mini 311, but there's so many variants, the only one I found in the UK was with the LE version of ION, and their website says 1gb memory maximum which I don't like.

However I just read about some Samsung X120 netbook, which looks pretty small, with dual core! But it does have shared graphics I think.

Would I be better off waiting a little while for maybe dual core netbooks with ION? As from what I have seen it looks like maybe netbooks are moving out of the Atom/weak graphics only era, not sure what to do. Looking for small, with Atom 280 and ION, or better, upgradable to 2gb or more memory, card reader, and half decent battery.

Thanks

More about : good netbook

a b D Laptop
December 17, 2009 6:44:23 PM

I doubt you'll be satisfied with anything other than an ION and I've seen exactly zero of them.
!