Crash data recovery $$$?

Can anyone give me a rough idea what it should cost to try to have data
recovered from a crashed 60 GB Western Digital disk?

How exactly is your disk "crashed"? Professional recovery can cost thousands
of dollars.

Rocky

CapeGuy wrote:

> Can anyone give me a rough idea what it should cost to try to have data
> recovered from a crashed 60 GB Western Digital disk?

First, DON'T DO ANYTHING ELSE TO YOUR HARD DRIVE!!!

ANYTHING means anything that will write to the drive.

When you say "crashed," do you mean a hardware failure or a corrupted drive?

If the drive is corrupted, there are a bunch of recovery programs on the market.
I had a corrupted drive, not too long ago, and File Scavenger
(http://www.quetek.com/)
saved my ass!

An alternative to trying to recover the files, yourself, is to take it somewhere
and
have someone (try to) recover the files for you.

If it's a hardware failure, go straight to the professionals!

Larry

$3,000-$5,000 as a rough first guess, depending on what's involved.

"CapeGuy" <dev@nughl.com> wrote in message
> Can anyone give me a rough idea what it should cost to try to have data
> recovered from a crashed 60 GB Western Digital disk?

it can vary, but i would guess $1,000-1,200 plus the cost of the new drive.
but it can go higher if there are serious problems with the drive. if your
drive is under warranty, the data recovery company may be able to obtain
the replacement drive for you and send it back with your data on it. i have
used these people on a few occasions and they are reputable and very
professional...
http://datasavers.com/

"Rocket J. Squirrel" wrote:

> Not to worry, Larry. Eventually Mommy or Daddy will take weezy's computer
> away, and the little SNERT will go back to playing with Hot Wheels.

Thanks, Rocky!

Actually, the poster is a 46 year old juvenile, who goes by the name of
"BOXMAN" (real name, Roger Bratton).

His only purpose, in life, appears to be trolling newsgroups and posting
nonsensical statements.

One of life's little mosquitos.

Larry

hh

Larry,
Roger doesn't even rate mosquito status. Gnat would be more appropriate.
HH

"Lawrence Glasser" <lglasser@spamcop.net> wrote in message
> "Rocket J. Squirrel" wrote:
> >
> > Not to worry, Larry. Eventually Mommy or Daddy will take weezy's
computer
> > away, and the little SNERT will go back to playing with Hot Wheels.
>
> Thanks, Rocky!
>
> Actually, the poster is a 46 year old juvenile, who goes by the name of
> "BOXMAN" (real name, Roger Bratton).
>
> His only purpose, in life, appears to be trolling newsgroups and posting
> nonsensical statements.
>
> One of life's little mosquitos.
>
> Larry

Like most hard core criminals like Jeff Bond (jbond@nowhere.com)
washed up fire boy firefighter

Like most hard core criminals like Jeff Bond (jbond@nowhere.com)
AKA Alan P (alan@nowhere.com AKA Frank he thinks he is smarter
then everyone but thats why they end up on amw.com on the run
from the cops and most the time in a body bag Like most hard core
criminals like jeff bond who is a washed up fire boy who has enter
the life of crime: Day & Night Stalker, mail theft, Auto theft,
harassment phones calls, cyberstalking, Vandalism and more pls.
email me for the jeff bond crimes on cd. statements from witness ,
video, pics. and police reports .

$50,000 reward for jeff