existing ethernet wired connections not working

Troy

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2003

Installed the wireless router and wireless laptop fine.
they work great. I plugged a cable into the router port
and then into the wall to connect the new router to my
old existing wired network. None of the pre existing
ethernet jacks are working at all be it the internet or
in my network neighborhood. I have 6 other jacks i want
to get working for ps2 and future desktops. The hub in
the basement on the wired line is pretty old. I was
figuring i need to replace it with a newer switch.
anyone have any input?

thanks

What IP's are you getting on the computers? Are they static
or DHCP assigned?

Also notice that MS is using by default the 192.168.2.x
subnet (notice the 2 -- this is different from most
vendors) -- this means that you may need to reconfigure the
hub/switch on the basement or the base LAN address on the
MN 500/700.