HP Pavilion MX70 Video Monitor case removal problem

Need to remove the monitor case to do repairs.

Removed the three (3) screws from back side of monitor and tried
levering the case off, but something is still holding. Is there
something under the HP 'oval' emblem on the back of the case in the
region of the crt neck. Don't want to destroy it. How do you get it
open please.

The monitor model number is P1283s.

If your HP monitor is like the one I'm working on, there should be two
clips on each side. Find the small rectangular holes on each side and
gently depress the clips with a small flat-head screwdriver while
prying the case away from the bezel.

On 11 Jul 2005 12:19:16 -0700, gclint@gmail.com wrote:

>If your HP monitor is like the one I'm working on, there should be two
>clips on each side. Find the small rectangular holes on each side and
>gently depress the clips with a small flat-head screwdriver while
>prying the case away from the bezel.

That did it. Took a while to figure out how to make the tabs move.

Thanks.