InstallShield Engine EXE has encountered a problem...

August 7, 2005 2:37:03 AM

....and needs to close. I keep getting this error message when I try to
install some new software. Someone suggested to copy the executable to my c:
drive and try to install it in Safe Mode. I tried the procedure in Safe Mode
and got the same error message. Any help to resolve this issue is greatly
appreciated. Thanks in advance for any response.
Anonymous
August 7, 2005 12:30:52 PM

Hi,

Start by trying the installer cleanup utility:

Description of the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=290301

Also try installshield support:
http://consumer.installshield.com/common.asp?source=all

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"central_oh" <centraloh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> ...and needs to close. I keep getting this error message when I try to
> install some new software. Someone suggested to copy the executable to my
> c:
> drive and try to install it in Safe Mode. I tried the procedure in Safe
> Mode
> and got the same error message. Any help to resolve this issue is greatly
> appreciated. Thanks in advance for any response.

Anonymous
August 7, 2005 4:17:01 PM

Rick:

Thank you for the response but I'm still having the problem. The clean up
utility seems designed to clean up previoulsy installed programs - I am
unable to install my program.

I was unalbe to locate my error message on the installshield support site.
I followed the instructions for one fix and replaced my installshield engine
but I still get the same error and am unable to install my software.

Any other suggestions or adivce are greatly appreciated.

!