SyncToy: Automatic Syncronization - Networked Drive

I need to have my laptop automatically syncronize with a network drive
whenever it is connected to that drive. How do I do this either with SyncToy
or by another method?

In news:D5267DFA-198D-4D2D-821E-D62E7411BFE3@microsoft.com,
Landyn <Landyn@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:
> I need to have my laptop automatically syncronize with a network drive
> whenever it is connected to that drive. How do I do this either with
> SyncToy or by another method?

I'd try www.centered.com (SecondCopy 2000) - this works very well, better
than the built-in Offline Files feature in XP Pro.

"Landyn"

It depends what you want to synchronize. Give a few more details and you
will likely get a solution here.

--
Uncle John
"Landyn" <Landyn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I need to have my laptop automatically syncronize with a network drive
> whenever it is connected to that drive. How do I do this either with
> SyncToy
> or by another method?

Follow the below listed directions for configuring SyncToy to run via Windows
Task Scheduler, when creating the task, check the radio button under Perform
this task: When I log on.

Scheduling SyncToy
SyncToy does not support a user interface to schedule folder pairs to run at
designated ‎times. There is a method to schedule tasks using the Microsoft©
Windows© operating ‎system.‎
To schedule a task using the operating system:‎
‎1.‎ From the Start menu, select All Programs - Accessories - System Tools -
‎Scheduled Tasks. ‎
‎2.‎ Select Add scheduled task to start the Scheduled Task Wizard. You will
see a ‎list of possible programs to run. ‎
‎3.‎ SyncToy may appear as an option in the list. If SyncToy does not appear
in the ‎list, click Browse and go find it. ‎
‎4.‎ The wizard will next prompt you to enter how often you want to run the
‎scheduled SyncToy (for example, daily, weekly, et cetera). Select a
frequency. ‎
‎5.‎ The next page asks when to start the task. Select a start time. ‎
‎6.‎ The next page asks for the user name and password to run the program
under. ‎Enter your user name and password. ‎
‎7.‎ The final page contains an option to open the properties dialog when
the wizard ‎ends. Select this checkbox. ‎
‎8.‎ Modify the Run textbox to include the –R command line option. –R all by
itself ‎will run all folder pairs that are active for run all. If you want to
run just a single ‎folder pair, add –R“My Pair� to the end of the command
line. Note: there is a ‎space before the hyphen but not one after the R. If
the folder pair name contains a ‎space, surround it with quotation marks, as
the example above shows. ‎
For another example, assume that SyncToy is in the folder named C:\My Folder
and that ‎you want to run a folder pair named "My folder pair." Enter the
command line as follows, ‎including the quotation marks: "C:\My
Folder\SyncToy.exe" -R"My folder pair." Note ‎that there are two sets of
quotation marks in this case--one is around the path to the ‎SyncToy program
file and the other surrounds the folder pair name.‎

In news:049FEF06-B9CC-4CFA-A843-16ED0978EEE8@microsoft.com,
luvwknd <luvwknd@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:
> Follow the below listed directions for configuring SyncToy to run via
> Windows Task Scheduler, when creating the task, check the radio
> button under Perform this task: When I log on.

<snip>
Perhaps you mean to reply to someone other than me?

My bad, it was a reply to the initial post by Landyn - excuuuuuuuuse me.

In news:551B025A-8CED-4BFD-BEE4-D68DE93B40AB@microsoft.com,
luvwknd <luvwknd@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:
> My bad, it was a reply to the initial post by Landyn - excuuuuuuuuse
> me.

You're excused! :)