AMD Athlon XP3000+ Prices

BoBBoB

Distinguished
May 29, 2002
At the end of today’s newest article comparing the Barton XP cpu’s versus Intel’s, a comment was made indicating pricing is outrageous for the XP3000+ . I fully agree, $630 US is way more than what that chip is worth, but do note, that when he claims dealers are gouging the price, it certainly is not the reseller (end user purchase point). Immediately after reading that article, I checked pricing and availability of the cpu, and the chip costs a reseller about $604.00. Now consider you have to add shipping, though nominal (assume $2.00), and a markup of $24 dollars, or %4 on a $600 dollar item is all you make.
---Note---
Most profitable businesses want to operate on a minimum of a markup, if not more like or .

I just don't want comments like that leading to tirades against resellers, and I want to make people aware that we can’t control these prices.

Feel free to respond to this post, but I highly doubt I will post any replies.
Thank you.

slvr_phoenix

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
I think that was the point though, that AMD is gouging people with their prices on their high-end chips these days. It didn't used to be that way. It's kind of sad, really, considering the actual performance of the AXP3000+.

PC Repair-Vol 1:Getting To Know Your PC.
PC Repair-Vol 2:Troubleshooting Your PC.
PC Repair-Vol 3:Having Trouble Troubleshooting Your PC?
PC Repair-Vol 4:Having Trouble Shooting Your PC?