Help i want to upgrade my compaq ram and hardive

ok i got a compaq presario sr2010nx and it sucks right now i only have 512 mb of ram and 120gb of hardrive on it and want to just plain old upgrade this piece of $@#$ but i want to see some how to videos on changing the hardrive and ram and how much storage of hardrive should i et and how much ram can this hold and how many slots does it have? and also i running crappy windows xp home edition and want to know if i can upgrade it from windows XP to vista then vista to windows 7 how can i do this fro free anyone know? cause i really needa make my comp better so how can i do all of this? :o :o
1 answer Last reply
More about help upgrade compaq hardive
  1. the comp is fairly low end. it can only take 2GB of ram at DDR2 667mhz. the ram is cheap, you can buy it new for about 12 bucks a gig. the HD will take any sata, they are also cheap; 500gb is only about 50 bucks new. it has a PCI-E slot so you can install a better graphics card if you want or need. may need a bigger PSU for any high end card tho. i can not find any info on raid but its a safe assumption that raid is not available on this MB. it has 2 ram slots so you need 2 1gig sticks. you can upgrade from xp to 7 dont buy vista. you will need to format your comptuer tho so getting a backup HD or installing your new HD as primary and keeping your current as a backup drive would be just fine.
Ask a new question

Read More

Compaq RAM Computers