Question about OptiPlex GX1 motherboard

I have an OptiPlex GX1 mini tower. When I look at the motherboard I
see three 40 pin sockets. Two at the end are labelled IDE and IDE2.
There is one more 40 pin socket in the middle but no label.
Is this another IDE socket to which I can connect a CD-RW drive?
What is this socket for?
Thanks.

NO. It's an "ATI Multimedia" port.
http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/ban%5Fgx1/

"Nathan Gutman" <nzgutman@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
>I have an OptiPlex GX1 mini tower. When I look at the
>motherboard I
> see three 40 pin sockets. Two at the end are labelled IDE and
> IDE2.
> There is one more 40 pin socket in the middle but no label.
> Is this another IDE socket to which I can connect a CD-RW
> drive?
> What is this socket for?
> Thanks.

Thanks but what is ATI multimedia port good for?
On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 18:48:03 -0400, "Pen" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote:

>NO. It's an "ATI Multimedia" port.
>http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/ban%5Fgx1/
>
>"Nathan Gutman" <nzgutman@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
>>I have an OptiPlex GX1 mini tower. When I look at the
>>motherboard I
>> see three 40 pin sockets. Two at the end are labelled IDE and
>> IDE2.
>> There is one more 40 pin socket in the middle but no label.
>> Is this another IDE socket to which I can connect a CD-RW
>> drive?
>> What is this socket for?
>> Thanks.

I have no clue. That's why I posted the URL.
So you could check the documents.