Missing text in dialogue boxes and start orb is not working

ProGamer643

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2011
Hey everyone

I was hoping someone here might be able to help me with this issue, as I have exhausted all options I can think of. So for a while, windows updates have been causing BSODs on my PC, usually I just go and remove them via safe mode and all is well again. Well last night, after doing that, my PC BSOD'd and on rebooting found that several things were bad. First, the start orb didn't work and I couldn't pull up the start menu. All the text is gone from my desktop icons, the date and time is missing, all the items within control panel and My computer are a jumbled mess of random lines and boxes, so that means I cannot do anything in Windows explorer or control panel. This happens even within safe mode. So far, I have tried doing a system restore, sfc /scannow, startup repair and rebooting in last known good configuration. Nothing I've tried has been successful in solving this issue. About the only thing I can do on my computer is use the web browser and type blindly in the address bar, since all the text is also gone from the top of tabs and the address bar. I would greatly appreciate any assistance with this

Thanks

ProGamer643

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2011

No can do I'm afraid, the start menu is completely off limits and any dialogue box is a mess of lines and boxes. I managed to download Malware bytes but with no way to navigate to it within its folder, I can't do anything

rdc85

Honorable
Try to use boot able rescue disk from antivirus company u can download it at web...
dl it from another computer and burn it to disc..

it could help detecting malware/virus that hinders OS since it had it's own basic os....

Can you download the AVG Rescue disk on a pal's PC and create a USB flash drive/bootable CD? Looks like the only answer rather than a clean install of WIndows...

ProGamer643

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2011
Rather odd development. My PC rebooted all on itself, and when it came back it was good as new. Really strange I thought, but I will keep you guys updated as to if it happens again. I hadn't thought about rescue discs, so thanks for that suggestion :)