Schmide

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2001
<A HREF="http://www.hansansystems.com/GYROX WATER CPU Coolers.htm" target="_new">Seen it, saw it, hope it doesn't Seesaw on your CPU link.</A>. It makes you wonder as the MFG.Suggest Price: $99.00 has dropped to 55.99 and I have yet to read a review.

Dichromatic for your viewing plesure...

Civilized

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2001
that is the weirdest looking thing I have ever seen....would like to see a review on one

<font color=green>Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza<font color=green>

tombance

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2002
I dont see how that can improve cooling performance over a simple copper HSF of the same size. The water means that the heat has to pass through three energy transfers rather than the conventional two and thje end result is still a relatively normal looking HSF. Sounds like its more for show than for performance.

<A HREF="http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k1=5467618 " target="_new">Almost Breaking 12k!!</A>

sonoran

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2002
>I dont see how that can improve cooling performance over a simple copper HSF of the same size.

Well, I have no idea how well (or if) this contraption actually works, but it seems to be the same idea as a car's radiator. Get the heat from the source to the cooling fins more rapidly using a liquid to transfer it. Makes sense to me. Now what would <i>really</i> be cool would be if they had a miniature radiator (like a car's radiator) for the cooling fins.

slvr_phoenix

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
It looks interesting enough. I can't decide if I think it will or won't work though. On the one hand, it makes sense to be actively pulling the heat away from the CPU. On the other hand, I don't see how it's any different from a water cooler with far too little water and far too small of a radiator. I'd think that it'd just become a thermal battery, not a cooler. I just don't know. An actual review would be nice. For that matter, even just actual stats on how much heat from the processor it can accomodate would be nice.

PC Repair-Vol 1:Getting To Know Your PC.
PC Repair-Vol 2:Troubleshooting Your PC.
PC Repair-Vol 3:Having Trouble Troubleshooting Your PC?
PC Repair-Vol 4:Having Trouble Shooting Your PC?

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
It does the same thing as a copper cooler the same size, but adds complexity for no reason other than the geek factor. The same can be said of that "heatpipe" cooler that's built into the heatsink.

<font color=blue>There are no stupid questions, only stupid people doling out faulty information based upon rumors, myths, and poor logic!</font color=blue>

spglFCBWBUSTER

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2001
one test is better than 100 words! You guys need to try this for yourself.It's awesome.I tested,and it works man!.It's Noiseless,and Cool my $800 3.06Gh P4 CPU 24 hrs a day.Life is good! technology is fun!

eden

Champion
When you say 800$, that must be some Canadian pricing, right? If US, then you would be quite crazy.
And if Canadian, where the heck did you find such low price?

--
This post is brought to you by Eden, on a Via Eden, in the garden of Eden. :smile:

spglFCBWBUSTER

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2001
Do super-cooling, super flow, overclocking, whatever.... it drop your temperature from idle position to the boober!!!!!

It works real good! this guys spend fortune on this unit,so you guys can enjoy this "REAL COOLER". You can argue with mechanical engineering!

jihiggs

Splendid
Oct 11, 2001
man, if your going to spam a product, at least do it with real words and intellgence!

my computer is so fast, it completes an endless loop in less than 4 seconds!

Twitch

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2003
Judging by the size of this unit, I just don't think it is dissipating the heat over a large enough surface-area to accomplish anything. Once that coolant gets hot, it no longer can cool until it can dissipate heat to the atmosphere. Liquid doesn't cool THAT fast, which is why water-coolers always are so bulky--so they can contain enough coolant to supply cool water while the hot water is being cooled.

Looks like a gimmick. Everyone is subject to the same laws of physics.

It does have a "magnetic pump" though. Working in tandem with the fan...betcha it's quiet! Not!

I want to move to space, so I can overclock processors cooled to absolute zero.

rook

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2003
"It comes with its own specially formulated coolant pre-installed and sealed, ready to go."
Looks about like anti-freeze to me, maybe thats to keep the water from boiling when it gets hot.

"Quotes are for people that can't think for themselves"

Twitch

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2003
I wonder what the rate of explosion is on those things? When water atomizes (steam) it builds pressure...and...well. I'm sure that would never happen. After all, it's got a magnetic pump! And like Rook said, that coolant probably has a boiling point of 150C anyway, so why worry?

I want to move to space, so I can overclock processors cooled to absolute zero.

zeexen

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2002
uhm,
If you want us to buy that "thing", you'll have to give us some solid, hard proof that it's working. We need the temp.numbers.
And if it's good, then perhaps some of us may buy it. BUT I DON'T THINK SO!

besides, a regular watercooling (colored-water) looks a lot better than this toy.

Did you guys noticed how high that thing is!

If I buy the boxed version of the "hammer", will I get a box of nails for free??

Schryver

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2003
Just wanna say that this is the funniest. thread. ever. I had to pick myself up off the floor after I read "it drop your temperature from idle position to the boober!!!!!"

Oh, and I scrolled down in the product link, and got this gem:
Bottom View(100%ALUMINUM COOLEST SINK-It seat flat to your CPU!

It seat flat? Awesome! I've never heard of a heatsink that's done that before!

oh my gawd...<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by schryver on 02/19/03 06:38 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

phill21

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2001
i can get a intel 4 3.06ghz for about £415+ vat (less than £500 anyways...)
which aint so bad as far as i can tell.. although the 2.8ghz is about £245 + vat.. i know which one i would choose!

if all else fails... kick it and if it goes wrong, say it wasnt you...

Schmide

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2001
4 week bump. Someone took it apart and came to the obvious conclusion.

<A HREF="http://home.nyc.rr.com/graystar/WaterX/WXPage1.html" target="_new">http://home.nyc.rr.com/graystar/WaterX/WXPage1.html</A>

Dichromatic for your viewing plesure...