Precision M60 - digital audio output??

Hello everyone,

I have a DELL Precision M60 with a
I realized that the cable I got with the machine has several outputs:
S-Video, composite video, and also "digital audio" (according to the
piece of paper attached).

It is too good to b etrue, but I'll ask anyway: is there a way to
connect this output to an amplituner (home theatre) and get 5.1 sound?
(or AC3 for divx?)

It would be too much, I am affraid :)

Thanks,
Wojtek
2 answers Last reply
More about precision digital audio output

    Looking through the specs on their website implies it is a standard (stereo)
    line out.

    You could use the Soundblaster Audigy 2 NX USB2 sound card. Comes with a
    remote too.

    http://www.soundblaster.com/products/Audigy2NX/

    Tom
    "WS" <wsw70@wp.pl> wrote in message
    > Hello everyone,
    >
    > I have a DELL Precision M60 with a
    > I realized that the cable I got with the machine has several outputs:
    > S-Video, composite video, and also "digital audio" (according to the
    > piece of paper attached).
    >
    > It is too good to b etrue, but I'll ask anyway: is there a way to
    > connect this output to an amplituner (home theatre) and get 5.1 sound?
    > (or AC3 for divx?)
    >
    > It would be too much, I am affraid :)
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Wojtek

    Just realized. Even the cheaper ($50-60) mp3+ external supports digital out.

    Toms
    > Looking through the specs on their website implies it is a standard
    (stereo)
    > line out.
    >
    > You could use the Soundblaster Audigy 2 NX USB2 sound card. Comes with a
    > remote too.
    >
    > http://www.soundblaster.com/products/Audigy2NX/
    >
    > Tom
    > "WS" <wsw70@wp.pl> wrote in message
    > > Hello everyone,
    > >
    > > I have a DELL Precision M60 with a
    > > I realized that the cable I got with the machine has several outputs:
    > > S-Video, composite video, and also "digital audio" (according to the
    > > piece of paper attached).
    > >
    > > It is too good to b etrue, but I'll ask anyway: is there a way to
    > > connect this output to an amplituner (home theatre) and get 5.1 sound?
    > > (or AC3 for divx?)
    > >
    > > It would be too much, I am affraid :)
    > >
    > > Thanks,
    > > Wojtek