Windows 7/Vista Supercomputer?

Darkeloth

Honorable
May 24, 2012
OK, now I know there are some older threads regarding this issue.
First of all let me present you the situation.
At school we have a laboratory with Celeron-Based computers (Celeron from the core 2 duo generation not i3's etc.) with 2GB ram, with Windows Vista Business in the near future with Windows 7 PRO.
We have different situation when we simply cannot do what we want with them, eg. Render a Movie, working with a Mysql-Site setup, Joomla! to be more precise, the computers is at 100 % procent and I am always scared that he could restart and ruin my work, also we have a server same celeron-Based, I think it's top celeron model and 4GB ram, now primary we use a MYSQL-Joomla! workstation, and some C++ programing, but the c++ it's not an issue, from time to time we render some movies like a presentation.
I've read some cloud computing articles and I hope someone know a way to increase a single computer processing power using other idle or with low workload computers inside the LAN.
Also I've read something about Dropbox, but seems only o save files on all computers that's all.

Any help will be appreciated.

~Darkeloth

Essentially what you need are more cores in the CPU and lots of RAM. With the relatively slow speeds of networking, can't see how that is going to help your situation... request an upgrade to 6 cores and 16Gb RAM...

Darkeloth

Honorable
May 24, 2012
Essentially, we don't have this option, we cannot upgrade 1 PC to i3 and 4 GB ram but to 6 cores it's insane already. OK for me and my school at least. So I am thinking about some distributed computing, cloud computing set up with this machines we already have.