Cannot write to disk

In XP, I'm trying to copy files, data, pictures etc to a CD. I continue to
get an error:
'Windows encountered a problem when trying to copy this file. What do you
want windows to do?" I also tried copying just one picture at a time to see
if there was a problem with a particular picture, but I got the same error
message too. Has anyone else encountered this problem? What should I do?

Thanks
1 answer Last reply
More about cannot write disk

    Hi

    Please try the following article by the late Alex Nichol

    "Burning CDs in Windows XP"
    http://aumha.org/win5/a/xpcd.php

    --

    Will Denny
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    "Gary" <Gary@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > In XP, I'm trying to copy files, data, pictures etc to a CD. I continue
    > get an error:
    > 'Windows encountered a problem when trying to copy this file. What do you
    > want windows to do?" I also tried copying just one picture at a time to
    > see
    > if there was a problem with a particular picture, but I got the same error
    > message too. Has anyone else encountered this problem? What should I do?
    >
    > Thanks

Microsoft Windows XP