KB831240 update caused my DVD not to work.

Any ideas what I can do to fix this?

I downloaded the HighMAT update KB831240 and now my DVD player won't play
anything, not even CDs. I see there is a DirectX conflict patch for SP1 but
not SP2 and it wont let me install the SP1 fix.

I tried unstalling the update from Add/Remove Programs but it's still the
same. I am running XP Home Edition and DirectX 9c.

Hi,

Perform the registry edit as in the following Web site:

This should resolve the issue.

Regards,

Arun Aluvila.

"Bex_1974" wrote:

> Any ideas what I can do to fix this?
>
> I downloaded the HighMAT update KB831240 and now my DVD player won't play
> anything, not even CDs. I see there is a DirectX conflict patch for SP1 but
> not SP2 and it wont let me install the SP1 fix.
>
> I tried unstalling the update from Add/Remove Programs but it's still the
> same. I am running XP Home Edition and DirectX 9c.

Hi,

Unfortunately it didn't work. I didn't mention that I have a CD-ROM drive
also installed which is still working perfectly, so it must be to do with the
"writable" aspect of the DVD/CD writer drive.

Any other ideas most gratefully received.