Large Disk Support?

Ok, A friend of mine gave me his old P75 gateway 2000 computer. After
my hard disk died on me (an old 500 meg caviar drive) I went and got a
couple of Maxtor 2.5 gig drives. Now I find that my computer doesn't
support drives over 500 megs an I need an update or something to fix
that. Maybe flashing my bios would help? My BIOS sting is 1.00.03BS0T.
(those are zeroes) I don't have any manuals or anything like that,
except for a system overview book.

Therrol

hmm, I slapped in an old p200 I had lying around, it runs ar 179mhz,
without error. Anyone have the link to the download? I don't know what
motherboard I have.

Yes, a BIOS update will increase built-in BIOS support for hard drive up to
8.4GB. You may still be able to find the needed BIOS upgrade on the Gateway web
site.

Jumpers are marked very clearly on the motherboard, and you can easily crank up
the speed to 133MHz with a faster Pentium, now cheaper than dirt. Going to
200MHz requires either an Intel Pentium OverDrive CPU or a PowerLeap kit and
Pentium processor. Finally, the maximum amount of memory is 128MB, consisting
of 4x32MB 72-pin SIMMs... Ben Myers