Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,alt.windows98 (More info?)

I know this is slightly off topic, but I was wondering what the earliest
version of Windows is available for download at the MSDN site. Windows 98,
Windows 95?

Can someone assist?

Thanks!

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,alt.windows98 (More info?)

On Sun, 7 Aug 2005 17:42:10 +0100, Johnny Lingo wrote
(in article <CRqJe.229605$_o.80983@attbi_s71>):

> I know this is slightly off topic, but I was wondering what the earliest
> version of Windows is available for download at the MSDN site. Windows 98,
> Windows 95?
>
> Can someone assist?
>
> Thanks!

Why? Unless you are an MSDN subscriber, you cannot download anything. MSDN
subscriptions aren't cheap, you know...

"Evadne Cake" <sarah.balfour@craigy34.eclipse.co.uk> wrote in message
> On Sun, 7 Aug 2005 17:42:10 +0100, Johnny Lingo wrote
> (in article <CRqJe.229605$_o.80983@attbi_s71>):
>
>> I know this is slightly off topic, but I was wondering what the earliest
>> version of Windows is available for download at the MSDN site. Windows
>> 98,
>> Windows 95?
>>
>> Can someone assist?
>>
>> Thanks!
>>

> Why? Unless you are an MSDN subscriber, you cannot download anything. MSDN
> subscriptions aren't cheap, you know...

I am aware that a subscription is needed and that they are not cheap.
However that was *not* my question.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,alt.windows98 (More info?)

http://tinyurl.com/az88m
Pay no attention to Evadne Cake, AKA, Miss Perspicacia Tick .She gets her
kicks treating others poorly and laughing at their questions and misfortunes
in these newsgroups, providing no real help at all.
"Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength."
IFC
"Johnny Lingo" <johnnylingo@spammenot.com> wrote in message

> "Evadne Cake" <sarah.balfour@craigy34.eclipse.co.uk> wrote in message
>> On Sun, 7 Aug 2005 17:42:10 +0100, Johnny Lingo wrote
>> (in article <CRqJe.229605$_o.80983@attbi_s71>):
>>
>>> I know this is slightly off topic, but I was wondering what the earliest
>>> version of Windows is available for download at the MSDN site. Windows
>>> 98,
>>> Windows 95?
>>>
>>> Can someone assist?
>>>
>>> Thanks!
>>>

>> Why? Unless you are an MSDN subscriber, you cannot download anything.
>> MSDN
>> subscriptions aren't cheap, you know...
>>

> I am aware that a subscription is needed and that they are not cheap.
> However that was *not* my question.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,alt.windows98 (More info?)

Hi

You will need access to MSDN

Windows 3.1

No NDA broken!!!!

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

> Hi
>
> You will need access to MSDN
>
> Windows 3.1
>
> No NDA broken!!!!

Thank you, but what does "No NDA broken" mean?

> --
>
> Will Denny
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
> Please reply to the News Groups
>

> "Johnny Lingo" <johnnylingo@spammenot.com> wrote in message
>>I know this is slightly off topic, but I was wondering what the earliest
>>version of Windows is available for download at the MSDN site. Windows
>>98, Windows 95?
>>
>> Can someone assist?
>>
>> Thanks!

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,alt.windows98 (More info?)

Non-Disclosure Agreement

Tom

Johnny Lingo wrote:

> Thank you, but what does "No NDA broken" mean?

NDA = Non-Disclosure Agreement. MSDN subscribers often have access to
pre-release versions of software and other proprietary information that
Microsoft doesn't want made public ahead of schedule, so MSDN
subscribers are required to sign a contract keeping some of the
information they acquire via MSDN confidential.

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

both at once. - RAH

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,alt.windows98 (More info?)

"Johnny Lingo" <johnnylingo@spammenot.com> wrote in message

> > Hi
> >
> > You will need access to MSDN
> >
> > Windows 3.1
> >
> > No NDA broken!!!!
>

> Thank you, but what does "No NDA broken" mean?

Probably 'No Download Available'

> Johnny Lingo wrote:
>>

>> Thank you, but what does "No NDA broken" mean?
>>

> NDA = Non-Disclosure Agreement. MSDN subscribers often have access to
> pre-release versions of software and other proprietary information that
> Microsoft doesn't want made public ahead of schedule, so MSDN subscribers
> are required to sign a contract keeping some of the information they
> acquire via MSDN confidential.

Thanks!!

> --
>
> Bruce Chambers
>
> Help us help you:
> http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

> both at once. - RAH

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,alt.windows98 (More info?)

> Hi
>
> You will need access to MSDN
>
> Windows 3.1

So, does that mean thar every OS since Windows 3.1 are on MSDN? Windows 95,
98 and so on.

> No NDA broken!!!!
>
> --
>
> Will Denny
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
> Please reply to the News Groups
>

> "Johnny Lingo" <johnnylingo@spammenot.com> wrote in message
>>I know this is slightly off topic, but I was wondering what the earliest
>>version of Windows is available for download at the MSDN site. Windows
>>98, Windows 95?
>>
>> Can someone assist?
>>
>> Thanks!

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,alt.windows98 (More info?)

I did not see Windows 95, but most of the others are.

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar

> So, does that mean thar every OS since Windows 3.1 are on MSDN? Windows
> 95, 98 and so on.

Same here. I don't see Windows 95 in the list.

--
Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
http://windowsxp.mvps.org

> "Bruce Chambers" <bchambers@cable0ne.n3t> wrote in message
>> Johnny Lingo wrote:
>>>

>>> Thank you, but what does "No NDA broken" mean?
>>>

>> NDA = Non-Disclosure Agreement. MSDN subscribers often have access to
>> pre-release versions of software and other proprietary information that
>> Microsoft doesn't want made public ahead of schedule, so MSDN subscribers
>> are required to sign a contract keeping some of the information they
>> acquire via MSDN confidential.
>>

> Thanks!!

I got Windows 2.11. I can email it to you if you want.

ss.

TRENDING THREADS