Hi

I have a desktop computer and a laptop computer. I also have a WiFi
network for these. Is it possible to use XP's remote desktop features
to have applications being run off my desktop computers processor, but
controlled on the laptop?.. Eg, to run a resource intensive game or
graphics application on the laptop but through the desktops (stronger)
processor..

Hope I make sense.

Thanks

Hi,

You can do that using the Remote desktop feature. If your laptop is having
XP Home, you may not have Remote desktop by default. Please referthe
following
document:

http://www.tomax7.com/winxp/Remote%20Desktop.doc

Regards,

Arun Aluvila

"kjhjhjhjadsasda@urbanhabit.com" wrote:

> Hi
>
> I have a desktop computer and a laptop computer. I also have a WiFi
> network for these. Is it possible to use XP's remote desktop features
> to have applications being run off my desktop computers processor, but
> controlled on the laptop?.. Eg, to run a resource intensive game or
> graphics application on the laptop but through the desktops (stronger)
> processor..
>
> Hope I make sense.
>
> Thanks

Thanks a lot for that.

Thinking about it, Remote desktop might actually be overkill for what
Im trying to achieve? Could I achieve what I stated through setting up
a local network between my desktop and laptop through my WiFi?

Regards

Arun Aluvila skrev:

> Hi,
>
> You can do that using the Remote desktop feature. If your laptop is having
> XP Home, you may not have Remote desktop by default. Please referthe
> following
> document:
>
> http://www.tomax7.com/winxp/Remote%20Desktop.doc
>
> Regards,
>
> Arun Aluvila
>

> "kjhjhjhjadsasda@urbanhabit.com" wrote:
>
> > Hi
> >
> > I have a desktop computer and a laptop computer. I also have a WiFi
> > network for these. Is it possible to use XP's remote desktop features
> > to have applications being run off my desktop computers processor, but
> > controlled on the laptop?.. Eg, to run a resource intensive game or
> > graphics application on the laptop but through the desktops (stronger)
> > processor..
> >
> > Hope I make sense.
> >
> > Thanks

TRENDING THREADS