Status
Not open for further replies.

Abel_san

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2012
Hello, I belong to a small genealogy society where members can check out books. We need a way to put bar codes on the books and to be able to scan the books being checked out. What do we need to do this.
Thank you!
Abel

Solution
A label printer and a scanner. Label printer should come with software to print out barcodes. Hook up the scanner to a computer, setup a spreadsheet with whatever info you want to track. Barcode the books (sofware will create it for you with whatever data you want to put in (name, author, etc...), scan it, and the scanner will put the data it scans into whatever spreadsheet field is selected.
A label printer and a scanner. Label printer should come with software to print out barcodes. Hook up the scanner to a computer, setup a spreadsheet with whatever info you want to track. Barcode the books (sofware will create it for you with whatever data you want to put in (name, author, etc...), scan it, and the scanner will put the data it scans into whatever spreadsheet field is selected.

Solution

Abel_san

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2012

Thank you for your reply. It looks simpler than I thought. I will give it a try.
Abel

mat miller

Honorable
Jan 23, 2013
There are several ways to generate barcodes in .net.
Both asp.net or WinForms are supported two same ways:
1,Drag and drop
2, Class library.

And you can easily create and print barcode images , meanwhile, you can adjust its properties,inlcuidng its size, barcode output resolutions or other parameters.

Feel free to try, hope it helps!
I think you need two products. One is a barcode generator and the other one is barcode reader. And you can integrate those two dlls based on your own needs.

softwarenet

Honorable
Dec 26, 2012

I tried to print barcodes using Word, excel, Winforms, ASP.NET Java, report solution etc. all of them supports barcode generating. What you need is to find some barcode controls support the environment you need. Just search those with tutorial and sample codes. Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS