another question about new computer

koomba

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2002
ok well for one reason or another, my stupid case didnt come with the wires to connect the power, reset, or hdd led light. in fact, it only came with a power button, but thats ok. but how am i supposed to connect the power button. right now i have to press the butotn on the mb to startup or shutdown. i know its only a momentary switch, and i could connect to the button fine, but i dont want to try and solder the connections on the mb. thatd be suicide, with me doing it anyways. so what kind of connector can i buy to put the wires in and then plug into the wire. thanks for all the help so far.

steven

G

Well somewhere on your motherboard there should be a bunch of pins sticking up, probably like 2 x 12 or something. In your motherboard manual it'll say where it is and what each pin is for, and you simply look and see what pins are for the power buttom and you just connect the cable from the powerbutton on your case to the motherboard. Its pretty easy to figure out once you see the diagram. If you don't have the manual go on the manufacturer's website.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
LOL, find an old case and pull a two pin lead off it.

<font color=blue>There are no stupid questions, only stupid people doling out faulty information based upon rumors, myths, and poor logic!</font color=blue>