Nearly Complete System Built, Need Last Input/Adv

netflame

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2002
Ok I recently purchased more parts for my computer that I'm building. It's going to be used primarily for working with audio (audio production, online broadcasts) and the regular every day tasks like web surfing, word documents, etc..

Here is what I've purchased so far:

Mobo: Asus P4PE
HD 1 & 2: WESTERN DIGITAL "SPECIAL EDITION" 80GB 7200RPM EIDE HARD DRIVE MODEL
DVD: TOSHIBA 16X DVD-ROM Model SD-M1712
Floppy: MITSUMI D359M3 FDD 1.44MB 3.5INCH - OEM
VIDEO CARD: ATI RADEON 9000 PRO 64MB RETAIL
SOUND CARD: M-Audio Audiophile 2496
Mouse: LOGITECH B69 CORDED OPTICAL MOUSE - OEM
Keyboard: Logitech Access Keyboard Retail

Below is what I plan on purchasing in the upcoming weeks:
Intel Pentium 4 2.4BGHz 512K 533MHz CPU Northwood P478 (will get once they come down in price a little more)

What I need help on:
RAM: 1024 MB PC2700 DDR (2 * 512MB), I've been looking at Kingston and Samsung. I've heard nothing but good things about both of them and have noticed that the Kingston RAM is about 15 dollars cheaper than Samsung's.

Monitor: I'm looking for a LCD, either 15 or 17 inch. Samsung is just one of the brands I'm looking at.

DVD Burner: Waiting for Sony's multi format to come down in price a little more or if another brand comes out with a multi format.

Case: Lian Li - PC-6089A is the main one I like right now. Need good idea on a power supply to go with it.

Speakers: I plan on adding my studio monitors to my computer.

All input is welcome, this forum has been a real help in helping me pick the components for my new comp.

LtBlue14

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2002
kingston or samsung ram should serve you equally well
i'd say go for the cheaper
i don't know anything about DVD burners, LCD monitors or speakers
for the PSU, everyone's gonna recommend antec and enermax to you
try the antec truepower 430W or the enermax 431

--------------

<A HREF="http://forumz.tomshardware.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=faq&notfound=1&code=1" target="_new">mubla otohp eht ni ecaf ruoy teg</A>