EXTENDING WINDOWS PARTITION DRIVE C

G

u mean size. U will need empty space in ur hard-disk First.

Right click My Computer> select manage .
Computer management window will open. There select "Disk management" under STORAGE sub-section.
On the right side list of partitions in both list and graphical views will show up.
Right click on any dive. U will see "Extend volume" and "Shrink volume" options. There u r.

G

yes ahnilated the forum is full of duplicate/similar posts. nobody bothers to go through older posts to search for a solution

Download and run EaseUs Partition Master
http://download.cnet.com/EaseUS-Partition-Master-Home-Edition/3000-2248_4-10863346.html

Assuming that you have another partition into which you want to expand C, 1st resize that partition by selecting it and moving the slider on the LEFT of the bar representing the partition to display the amount you want to increase C by. This will create unallocated space physically next to C to allow expansion. OK the re-sizing. Expand C into the unallocated space. OK and Apply. Your machine will shut down to allow the expansion of C before it fully boots into Windows.
Remember to back up any sensitive data, no guarantees of success, but I hasten to add it's never failed me yet...

G

Danny dee before extending ur partition, search for tips regarding this on the net. There r few limitations (note). The net is full of discussions.

quesionboy

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2011

What's your OS? If you OS is WIN7 the snap-in disk management could help you extend C drive when there's an unallocated space behind ( you could delete partition which behind c drive to get unallocated space)

or if you do not want to delete partition, you could only use other partition software, and you could find it through NET easily,
here is one which I find on CNET, hope it could help you, it is free!
http://download.cnet.com/Aomei-Partition-Assistant-Home-Edition/3000-18512_4-75118871.html