Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL: blue screen after remove usb device

Last response: in Windows XP
Share
August 8, 2005 12:47:25 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

posting an update...
when I remove an usb mass storage immediatly a blue screen shows up.
Very short but I can now see that the message is IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

??
any help please?
TIA
luis
August 8, 2005 12:47:26 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

luis wrote:

> posting an update...
> when I remove an usb mass storage immediatly a blue screen shows up.
> Very short but I can now see that the message is IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
>
> ??
> any help please?
> TIA
> luis

See this link for troubleshooting tips:
http://aumha.org/win5/kbestop.htm
0x0000000A: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Also see this:
General USB troubleshooting in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;310575

--
Rock
MS MVP Windows - Shell/User
Anonymous
August 8, 2005 12:47:26 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

On a USB HD, prior to physical removal, I'd be sure to tell XP to logically remove the drive.
Looking at your System Notification area at bottom right of XP Taskbar, do a right-click on the icon, and select remove. Thereafter, physically remove.

On the Stop error: STOP 0X0000000A IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

This can be any of hardware device error, software error, or general hardware error.

Also, if you have any 3rd-party CD software, CDR - CDRW writing software, make sure it is XP compatible. Make sure it has the latest patches & updates.

See tips on driver verifier below.

See Aumha.org's knowledge base on stop errors
http://aumha.org/win5/kbestop.htm

Look at 2nd link on left-frame for 0A

See also Kelly's site , in the "I" section --- under IRQL
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_i.htm

--
Maurice N
MVP Windows - Shell / User
-----

luis wrote:
> posting an update...
> when I remove an usb mass storage immediatly a blue screen shows up.
> Very short but I can now see that the message is
> IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
>
> ??
> any help please?
> TIA
> luis
Related resources
August 8, 2005 2:07:53 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

Hi Maurice,
thanks
This happens *exactly* after safe remove or eject!!!!
I will try the tips.

luis

"Maurice N ~ MVP" <maurice@mvps.org> wrote in message
news:%23o%23V%23M4mFHA.3900@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
On a USB HD, prior to physical removal, I'd be sure to tell XP to logically
remove the drive.
Looking at your System Notification area at bottom right of XP Taskbar, do a
right-click on the icon, and select remove. Thereafter, physically remove.

On the Stop error: STOP 0X0000000A IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

This can be any of hardware device error, software error, or general
hardware error.

Also, if you have any 3rd-party CD software, CDR - CDRW writing software,
make sure it is XP compatible. Make sure it has the latest patches &
updates.

See tips on driver verifier below.

See Aumha.org's knowledge base on stop errors
http://aumha.org/win5/kbestop.htm

Look at 2nd link on left-frame for 0A

See also Kelly's site , in the "I" section --- under IRQL
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_i.htm

--
Maurice N
MVP Windows - Shell / User
-----

luis wrote:
> posting an update...
> when I remove an usb mass storage immediatly a blue screen shows up.
> Very short but I can now see that the message is
> IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
>
> ??
> any help please?
> TIA
> luis
August 8, 2005 2:18:14 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

Looked into the IRQs when the usb mass storage is connected... and it has
the same IRQ as the RADEON video card and a data fax modem...

Is this normal?
How can I control the allocation?


"Rock" <rock@mail.nospam.net> wrote in message
news:epSIQM4mFHA.2904@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
> luis wrote:
>
>> posting an update...
>> when I remove an usb mass storage immediatly a blue screen shows up.
>> Very short but I can now see that the message is IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
>>
>> ??
>> any help please?
>> TIA
>> luis
>
> See this link for troubleshooting tips:
> http://aumha.org/win5/kbestop.htm
> 0x0000000A: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
>
> Also see this:
> General USB troubleshooting in Windows XP
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;310575
>
> --
> Rock
> MS MVP Windows - Shell/User
>
August 8, 2005 1:27:05 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

luis wrote:

> Looked into the IRQs when the usb mass storage is connected... and it has
> the same IRQ as the RADEON video card and a data fax modem...
>
> Is this normal?
> How can I control the allocation?
>
>
> "Rock" <rock@mail.nospam.net> wrote in message
> news:epSIQM4mFHA.2904@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
>
>>luis wrote:
>>
>>
>>>posting an update...
>>>when I remove an usb mass storage immediatly a blue screen shows up.
>>>Very short but I can now see that the message is IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
>>>
>>>??
>>>any help please?
>>>TIA
>>>luis
>>
>>See this link for troubleshooting tips:
>>http://aumha.org/win5/kbestop.htm
>>0x0000000A: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
>>
>>Also see this:
>>General USB troubleshooting in Windows XP
>>http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;310575
>>
>>--
>>Rock
>>MS MVP Windows - Shell/User
>>
>
>
>

IRQ sharing is normal in XP. One option is to remove all unnecessary
cards and troubleshoot from a minimal configuration.

--
Rock
MS MVP Windows - Shell/User
Anonymous
September 5, 2005 7:15:12 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

Lui

I had exactly the same issue with USBs.

Finally solved by un-installing a virus/spyware package called Aluria
SpyElliminator.
It has always caused some sort of problem from the day I installed it -
even in a previous PC system.

What software do you have installed? - any unusual virus/spyware
software?

If not, do you have Norton's Ghost installed? This would have been my
next un-install.

I also had IRQ conflicts etc but that is not the problem. I thought for
a while that XP Pro SP2 may have beene the issue but that has now been
dispelled. Fingers crossed that I have solved the problem for good.

I have tested numerous times with both USB memory sticks and card
readers and all looks good.

PeterH


luis wrote:
> Looked into the IRQs when the usb mass storage is connected... and it has
> the same IRQ as the RADEON video card and a data fax modem...
>
> Is this normal?
> How can I control the allocation?
>
>
> "Rock" <rock@mail.nospam.net> wrote in message
> news:epSIQM4mFHA.2904@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
> > luis wrote:
> >
> >> posting an update...
> >> when I remove an usb mass storage immediatly a blue screen shows up.
> >> Very short but I can now see that the message is IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
> >>
> >> ??
> >> any help please?
> >> TIA
> >> luis
> >
> > See this link for troubleshooting tips:
> > http://aumha.org/win5/kbestop.htm
> > 0x0000000A: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
> >
> > Also see this:
> > General USB troubleshooting in Windows XP
> > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;310575
> >
> > --
> > Rock
> > MS MVP Windows - Shell/User
> >
!