IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL: blue screen after remove usb device

posting an update...
when I remove an usb mass storage immediatly a blue screen shows up.
Very short but I can now see that the message is IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

??
any help please?
TIA
luis
6 answers Last reply
More about irql_not_less_or_equal blue screen remove device

    luis wrote:

    > posting an update...
    > when I remove an usb mass storage immediatly a blue screen shows up.
    > Very short but I can now see that the message is IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
    >
    > ??
    > any help please?
    > TIA
    > luis

    See this link for troubleshooting tips:
    http://aumha.org/win5/kbestop.htm
    0x0000000A: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

    Also see this:
    General USB troubleshooting in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;310575

    --
    Rock
    MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

    On a USB HD, prior to physical removal, I'd be sure to tell XP to logically remove the drive.
    Looking at your System Notification area at bottom right of XP Taskbar, do a right-click on the icon, and select remove. Thereafter, physically remove.

    On the Stop error: STOP 0X0000000A IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

    This can be any of hardware device error, software error, or general hardware error.

    Also, if you have any 3rd-party CD software, CDR - CDRW writing software, make sure it is XP compatible. Make sure it has the latest patches & updates.

    See tips on driver verifier below.

    See Aumha.org's knowledge base on stop errors
    http://aumha.org/win5/kbestop.htm

    Look at 2nd link on left-frame for 0A

    See also Kelly's site , in the "I" section --- under IRQL
    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_i.htm

    --
    Maurice N
    MVP Windows - Shell / User

    luis wrote:
    > posting an update...
    > when I remove an usb mass storage immediatly a blue screen shows up.
    > Very short but I can now see that the message is
    > IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
    >
    > ??
    > any help please?
    > TIA
    > luis

    Hi Maurice,
    thanks
    This happens *exactly* after safe remove or eject!!!!
    I will try the tips.

    luis

    luis wrote:
    > posting an update...
    > when I remove an usb mass storage immediatly a blue screen shows up.
    > Very short but I can now see that the message is
    > IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
    >
    > ??
    > any help please?
    > TIA
    > luis

    Looked into the IRQs when the usb mass storage is connected... and it has
    the same IRQ as the RADEON video card and a data fax modem...

    Is this normal?
    How can I control the allocation?

    luis wrote:

    > Looked into the IRQs when the usb mass storage is connected... and it has
    > the same IRQ as the RADEON video card and a data fax modem...
    >
    > Is this normal?
    > How can I control the allocation?
    >

    > "Rock" <rock@mail.nospam.net> wrote in message
    >
    >>luis wrote:
    >>

    >>>posting an update...
    >>>when I remove an usb mass storage immediatly a blue screen shows up.
    >>>Very short but I can now see that the message is IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
    >>>
    >>>??
    >>>any help please?
    >>>TIA
    >>>luis
    >>
    >>See this link for troubleshooting tips:
    >>http://aumha.org/win5/kbestop.htm
    >>0x0000000A: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
    >>
    >>Also see this:
    >>General USB troubleshooting in Windows XP
    >>http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;310575
    >>
    >>--
    >>Rock
    >>MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

    IRQ sharing is normal in XP. One option is to remove all unnecessary
    cards and troubleshoot from a minimal configuration.

    --
    Rock
    MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

    Lui

    I had exactly the same issue with USBs.

    Finally solved by un-installing a virus/spyware package called Aluria
    SpyElliminator.
    It has always caused some sort of problem from the day I installed it -
    even in a previous PC system.

    What software do you have installed? - any unusual virus/spyware
    software?

    If not, do you have Norton's Ghost installed? This would have been my
    next un-install.

    I also had IRQ conflicts etc but that is not the problem. I thought for
    a while that XP Pro SP2 may have beene the issue but that has now been
    dispelled. Fingers crossed that I have solved the problem for good.

    I have tested numerous times with both USB memory sticks and card
    readers and all looks good.

    PeterH

    luis wrote:
    > Looked into the IRQs when the usb mass storage is connected... and it has
    > the same IRQ as the RADEON video card and a data fax modem...
    >
    > Is this normal?
    > How can I control the allocation?
    >

    > "Rock" <rock@mail.nospam.net> wrote in message
    > > luis wrote:
    > >
    > >> posting an update...
    > >> when I remove an usb mass storage immediatly a blue screen shows up.
    > >> Very short but I can now see that the message is IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
    > >>
    > >> ??
    > >> any help please?
    > >> TIA
    > >> luis
    > >
    > > See this link for troubleshooting tips:
    > > http://aumha.org/win5/kbestop.htm
    > > 0x0000000A: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
    > >
    > > Also see this:
    > > General USB troubleshooting in Windows XP
    > > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;310575
    > >
    > > --
    > > Rock
    > > MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

Blue Screen USB Devices Microsoft Windows XP