fred

I have a Windows XP Home Edition. When I execute (double click from
windows explorer) an "htm" file, I get a message "...Windows cannot find
'D:\05_07_1\index.htm'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try
again. To search for a file, click the Start button, and click Search...".
In spite of the error message the "htm" file opens in the background of the
error
message window. After closing the error message window, the opened htm works
fine. In addition, I've noticed that not all "htm" files gets this error
message.

I've tried the same "htm" files on another XP workstation (using the same
folder name). The error message does not appear.

What can I do to remove what seems to be a "useless" error message?

Thanks,
Fred

Look to see if by chance you have accidently got two copies of windows
explorer running. A reboot usually fixes this error.

"Fred" <Fred@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have a Windows XP Home Edition. When I execute (double click from
> windows explorer) an "htm" file, I get a message "...Windows cannot find
> 'D:\05_07_1\index.htm'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then
> try
> again. To search for a file, click the Start button, and click Search...".
> In spite of the error message the "htm" file opens in the background of
> the
> error
> message window. After closing the error message window, the opened htm
> works
> fine. In addition, I've noticed that not all "htm" files gets this error
> message.
>
> I've tried the same "htm" files on another XP workstation (using the same
> folder name). The error message does not appear.
>
> What can I do to remove what seems to be a "useless" error message?
>
> Thanks,
> Fred

fred

I tried that...still get the same result...

"Jone Doe" wrote:

> Look to see if by chance you have accidently got two copies of windows
> explorer running. A reboot usually fixes this error.
>
> "Fred" <Fred@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I have a Windows XP Home Edition. When I execute (double click from
> > windows explorer) an "htm" file, I get a message "...Windows cannot find
> > 'D:\05_07_1\index.htm'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then
> > try
> > again. To search for a file, click the Start button, and click Search...".
> > In spite of the error message the "htm" file opens in the background of
> > the
> > error
> > message window. After closing the error message window, the opened htm
> > works
> > fine. In addition, I've noticed that not all "htm" files gets this error
> > message.
> >
> > I've tried the same "htm" files on another XP workstation (using the same
> > folder name). The error message does not appear.
> >
> > What can I do to remove what seems to be a "useless" error message?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Fred

TRENDING THREADS