Microsoft Life Cam Cinema Mic Question

bobbo1

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2009
I just bought the life cam cinema which has pretty good video for a webcam but the microphone is not that great. I bought the Rode Podcaster to use for podcasting and videos. Can I set up the Life cam to only use my Rode Podcaster microphone instead of the internal one on the life cam? thx.

bobbo1

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2009

I have the Rode Podcaster mic setup as my defualt in my system but still cannot use it. I know on the older versions of the camera you could select in the software which mic to use but in this newest camera you cannot. From what I can tell you are not able to use an external mic. Do you know of any other softward work arounds?
thx

metro_50

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2010
For Windows Vista or Windows 7
Click Start , type mmsys.cpl in the Start Search box, and then click mmsys.cpl in the Programs list. If you are prompted for an administrator password or for confirmation, type the password, or click Continue.
Click the Recording tab.
Select the microphone that you want in the list of recording devices, and then click Set Default.
In the list of recording devices, right-click Line In, click Disable, and then click OK.