Outlet Warrantee

ahall

Given the positive comments here recently
about outlet boxes, and the fact that I
may be in the market for a system soon,
I took a look at the outlet site.

I did not find any information on the
warrantee. Does anyone know where that
information is?

thanks,

--
Andrew Hall
(Now reading Usenet in alt.sys.pc-clone.dell...)

<ahall@no-spam-panix.com> wrote in message

> Given the positive comments here recently
> about outlet boxes, and the fact that I
> may be in the market for a system soon,
> I took a look at the outlet site.
>
> I did not find any information on the
> warrantee. Does anyone know where that
> information is?
>
> thanks,
>

> --
> Andrew Hall
> (Now reading Usenet in alt.sys.pc-clone.dell...)

1) Satisfaction guarantee on outlet boxes is 15 days from *invoice* date,
meaning you can return the system (less shipping) for any reason. New
systems have a 21-day guarantee.

2) Warranty options are nearly identical to any new system (though they
juggle pricing with promotions not unlike on new systems). You'll receive
warranty options on outlet boxes when you place a system in the shopping
cart.

Outlet prices will vary widely, so be informed by checking similar system
configurations through the Small Business site as well as the Dell Home site
(be prepared to go nuts from looking/saving configurations). The idea here
is to NOT pay equal or more for an Outlet box than a brand new box.

hth

Stew

ahall

>> ahall@no-spam-panix.com> wrote in message
news> kpghdf6686h.fsf@panix3.panix.com...

>> Given the positive comments here recently
>> about outlet boxes, and the fact that I
>> may be in the market for a system soon,
>> I took a look at the outlet site.
>>
>> I did not find any information on the
>> warrantee. Does anyone know where that
>> information is?
>>
>> thanks,

S> 1) Satisfaction guarantee on outlet boxes is 15 days from *invoice* date,
S> meaning you can return the system (less shipping) for any reason. New
S> systems have a 21-day guarantee.

S> 2) Warranty options are nearly identical to any new system (though they
S> juggle pricing with promotions not unlike on new systems). You'll receive
S> warranty options on outlet boxes when you place a system in the shopping
S> cart.

Ahh, no wonder I did not see that on the site, I did not
put one in my cart.

S> Outlet prices will vary widely, so be informed by checking similar system
S> configurations through the Small Business site as well as the Dell Home site
S> (be prepared to go nuts from looking/saving configurations). The idea here
S> is to NOT pay equal or more for an Outlet box than a brand new box.

That would seem clear!

Thanks,

--
Andrew Hall
(Now reading Usenet in alt.sys.pc-clone.dell...)

Helen

FWIW the UCC (Uniform Commercial Code) REQUIRES a 90 Day guarantee....on consumer products.
That is why in the USA when you buy a $10 toaster they emphasize that it's guaranteed for 90 DAYS!
They present it as though they were doing you some favor ...but in fact THEY HAVE NO CHOICE!
THEY ARE REQUIRED BY LAW to guarantee it for 90 days...3 months! So when they (seller)
try to get over with a 15 day, 21 day, etc., anything other than 90 DAYS, ask them to give you
IN WRITING the law that exempts them from complying with the UCC! They won't like it, but
the UCC is for your benefit...use it!

Helen wrote:

> FWIW the UCC (Uniform Commercial Code) REQUIRES a 90 Day guarantee....on consumer products.
> That is why in the USA when you buy a $10 toaster they emphasize that it's guaranteed for 90 DAYS!
> They present it as though they were doing you some favor ...but in fact THEY HAVE NO CHOICE!
> THEY ARE REQUIRED BY LAW to guarantee it for 90 days...3 months! So when they (seller)
> try to get over with a 15 day, 21 day, etc., anything other than 90 DAYS, ask them to give you
> IN WRITING the law that exempts them from complying with the UCC! They won't like it, but
> the UCC is for your benefit...use it!

Don't forget credit cards companies... Most of them attach warranties to *all*
purchases.

Notan

Yes, and Dell does offer a 90-day warranty. Don't confuse the 14 or 21 day
return period to the warranty period.

Tom
"Helen" <@abuse.roman.gov> wrote in message
FWIW the UCC (Uniform Commercial Code) REQUIRES a 90 Day guarantee....on
consumer products.
That is why in the USA when you buy a $10 toaster they emphasize that it's
guaranteed for 90 DAYS!
They present it as though they were doing you some favor ...but in fact THEY
HAVE NO CHOICE!
THEY ARE REQUIRED BY LAW to guarantee it for 90 days...3 months! So when
they (seller)
try to get over with a 15 day, 21 day, etc., anything other than 90 DAYS,
ask them to give you
IN WRITING the law that exempts them from complying with the UCC! They
won't like it, but
the UCC is for your benefit...use it!

| <ahall@no-spam-panix.com> wrote in message
| >
| > Given the positive comments here recently
| > about outlet boxes, and the fact that I
| > may be in the market for a system soon,
| > I took a look at the outlet site.
| >
| > I did not find any information on the
| > warrantee. Does anyone know where that
| > information is?
| >
| > thanks,
| >

| > --
| > Andrew Hall
| > (Now reading Usenet in alt.sys.pc-clone.dell...)
|

| 1) Satisfaction guarantee on outlet boxes is 15 days from *invoice* date,
| meaning you can return the system (less shipping) for any reason. New
| systems have a 21-day guarantee.
|
| 2) Warranty options are nearly identical to any new system (though they
| juggle pricing with promotions not unlike on new systems). You'll receive
| warranty options on outlet boxes when you place a system in the shopping
| cart.
|

| Outlet prices will vary widely, so be informed by checking similar system
| configurations through the Small Business site as well as the Dell Home
site
| (be prepared to go nuts from looking/saving configurations). The idea
here
| is to NOT pay equal or more for an Outlet box than a brand new box.
|

| hth
|
| Stew

Helen

If it's guaranteed for 90 days, and they are MAKING you return it in less than that time (e.g., 14 days)...they aren't
complying with the law! You have 90 days to return defective products! They cannot make you return it in less
time than that! So what happens if you bring it back on day 15, or day 22? Are you saying they refuse to take it
back or replace it? If so, they are breaking the law and you shouldn't let them get by with it! UNLESS, you signed
something that forfeited your rights under the UCC (such as some fine print at the time of purchase you signed that
in effect wiped out your 90 day UCC right and exchanged it for something less ...like 15 or 22 days!). Why would
they give you only two weeks as opposed to three months to discover defects? Their bottom line, of course! The
know it's junk and they don't want you to find out before time expires, so they cut the time down! I'll still enforce
my UCC as opposed to their slick talking 15 day (two weeks...consider that two days are Sunday with closed
stores, another two days are Saturday with offices closed for business....and what you have is ten days! As opposed
to three months! I'll take the latter...don't be too eager to accept at face value the words of salesmen! They are
there to separate you from your money and they sooner they can do so, the better..for them. If they can deprive
you of your legal rights (to make them stand behind what they advertised) they've made even more profit!

All this is excluding anything your credit card company requires for purchases/returns, etc. This is strictly the
UCC as it pertains to consumer products in the USA!

"Tom Scales" <tomtoo@softhome.net> wrote in message news:QIBze.221041$w15.89678@tornado.tampabay.rr.com...
| Yes, and Dell does offer a 90-day warranty. Don't confuse the 14 or 21 day
| return period to the warranty period.
|
| Tom
| "Helen" <@abuse.roman.gov> wrote in message
| FWIW the UCC (Uniform Commercial Code) REQUIRES a 90 Day guarantee....on
| consumer products.
| That is why in the USA when you buy a $10 toaster they emphasize that it's
| guaranteed for 90 DAYS!
| They present it as though they were doing you some favor ...but in fact THEY
| HAVE NO CHOICE!
| THEY ARE REQUIRED BY LAW to guarantee it for 90 days...3 months! So when
| they (seller)
| try to get over with a 15 day, 21 day, etc., anything other than 90 DAYS,
| ask them to give you
| IN WRITING the law that exempts them from complying with the UCC! They
| won't like it, but
| the UCC is for your benefit...use it!
|

| "S.Lewis" <stew1960@cover.bellsouth.net> wrote in message
| |
| | <ahall@no-spam-panix.com> wrote in message
| | >
| | > Given the positive comments here recently
| | > about outlet boxes, and the fact that I
| | > may be in the market for a system soon,
| | > I took a look at the outlet site.
| | >
| | > I did not find any information on the
| | > warrantee. Does anyone know where that
| | > information is?
| | >
| | > thanks,
| | >

| | > --
| | > Andrew Hall
| | > (Now reading Usenet in alt.sys.pc-clone.dell...)
| |
| |
| | 1) Satisfaction guarantee on outlet boxes is 15 days from *invoice* date,
| | meaning you can return the system (less shipping) for any reason. New
| | systems have a 21-day guarantee.
| |
| | 2) Warranty options are nearly identical to any new system (though they
| | juggle pricing with promotions not unlike on new systems). You'll receive
| | warranty options on outlet boxes when you place a system in the shopping
| | cart.
| |
| |
| | Outlet prices will vary widely, so be informed by checking similar system
| | configurations through the Small Business site as well as the Dell Home
| site
| | (be prepared to go nuts from looking/saving configurations). The idea
| here
| | is to NOT pay equal or more for an Outlet box than a brand new box.
| |
| |
| | hth
| |
| | Stew
| |
| |
| |

Yes they are. 90 days to fix it. 14/21 whatever for no questions asked
returns.

> [...]

| | > warrantee. Does anyone know where that
| | > information is?
| | >
| | > thanks,
| | >

| | > --
| | > Andrew Hall
| | > (Now reading Usenet in alt.sys.pc-clone.dell...)
| |
| |
| | 1) Satisfaction guarantee on outlet boxes is 15 days from *invoice*
date,
| | meaning you can return the system (less shipping) for any reason.
New
| | systems have a 21-day guarantee.
| |
| | 2) Warranty options are nearly identical to any new system (though
they
| | juggle pricing with promotions not unlike on new systems). You'll
receive
| | warranty options on outlet boxes when you place a system in the
| |
| |
| | Outlet prices will vary widely, so be informed by checking similar
system
| | configurations through the Small Business site as well as the Dell
| site
| | (be prepared to go nuts from looking/saving configurations). The
idea
| here
| | is to NOT pay equal or more for an Outlet box than a brand new box.
| |
| |
| | hth
| |
| | Stew
| |
| |
| |

ahall

Helen> If it's guaranteed for 90 days, and they are MAKING you return it in less than that time (e.g., 14 days)...they aren't

The warantee lasts longer, The 15 day no questions
asked return policy is on top of the warantee.

--
Andrew Hall
(Now reading Usenet in alt.sys.pc-clone.dell...)

"Helen" <@abuse.roman.gov> wrote in message
If it's guaranteed for 90 days, and they are MAKING you return it in less
than that time (e.g., 14 days)...they aren't
complying with the law! You have 90 days to return defective products!
They cannot make you return it in less
time than that! So what happens if <snip>

http://www.bluelinecomics.com/pictures/It's%20Capt%20Obvious%20600.jpg

:::blink:::

Stew

I think you're missing the point of the 14/21 day period. You might want to
read about it on their site. That is the period of time you can return it
for ANY reason, even if you just don't like the color. It has nothing to do
with the machine being defective.

I also do not believe the law guarantees a 90-day RETURN period. I do
believe it guarantees a WARRANTY, but that only requires the vendor to
repair the defect or replace it with a substantially similar item.

> [...]

| | > I took a look at the outlet site.
| | >
| | > I did not find any information on the
| | > warrantee. Does anyone know where that
| | > information is?
| | >
| | > thanks,
| | >

| | > --
| | > Andrew Hall
| | > (Now reading Usenet in alt.sys.pc-clone.dell...)
| |
| |
| | 1) Satisfaction guarantee on outlet boxes is 15 days from *invoice*
date,
| | meaning you can return the system (less shipping) for any reason. New
| | systems have a 21-day guarantee.
| |
| | 2) Warranty options are nearly identical to any new system (though they
| | juggle pricing with promotions not unlike on new systems). You'll
receive
| | warranty options on outlet boxes when you place a system in the shopping
| |
| |
| | Outlet prices will vary widely, so be informed by checking similar
system
| | configurations through the Small Business site as well as the Dell Home
| site
| | (be prepared to go nuts from looking/saving configurations). The idea
| here
| | is to NOT pay equal or more for an Outlet box than a brand new box.
| |
| |
| | hth
| |