Sign in with
Your question

I hear cracking/distorting noise.

Last response: in Windows 7
October 15, 2012 1:31:57 PM

Greetings ,

I'll cut the long hard discription to the point to save your time from all the bullshit. Whenever i do dual programming , like for instance , listen to music player and browse and when the page loads , i hear some kind of cracking noise.

Similarly if i press the key "F5" which is refresh on the desktop and if i hold it and listen to music , there is high cracking of noise.

I checked everywhere in the net , some say its a windows problem , some say its a sound card problem. I dont understand what it is.

Oh and one more thing , it doesnt happen that much if i have just formatted my pc and there is NOTHING in it. Not even MoBo driver installed.

My pc spec [weak , gonna upgrade it soon]

Intel Core2duo @2.80ghz e7400
2 gb DDR2 RAM
1 TB HDD + 80 GB Complimentary
250w PSU
1gb DDR2 GPU : Geforce Nvidia 9400GT

Please help me because everytime i try to play game and there is something running in background , like a torrent or something [Just the torrent , i make sure everything else is off. Sometimes even the Antivirus] , this frequent cracks come forth and completely annoys me off.

Thank you for your time Sirs / Mams.
a b \ Driver
a c 354 $ Windows 7
October 15, 2012 2:26:12 PM

Turn off the windows sounds for notifications in the sound options, try it then.
m
l
October 15, 2012 2:39:43 PM

I had this problem, but only with games. It was most apparent when there was a USB device in the computer.

Getting a dedicated soundcard fixed it for me.
m
l
Related resources
a b \ Driver
a c 354 $ Windows 7
October 15, 2012 3:08:51 PM

MajinCry said:
I had this problem, but only with games. It was most apparent when there was a USB device in the computer.

Getting a dedicated soundcard fixed it for me.

Depending on the type of sound it is, it could be electrical interference from the sound card, the onboard chips are not usually as well shielded as an add-on card and is also closer to other components.
m
l
October 15, 2012 8:19:37 PM

@ hang-the-9 : I tried switching off windows notification , but it does not help me at all. Should i just switch to xp? =/ ...i kinda like w7 but not with such issues..
m
l
a b \ Driver
a c 354 $ Windows 7
October 16, 2012 3:16:04 PM

This did not happen on XP on that computer? I'd try an add-on sound card.
m
l
!